Has the NHRA Lost Its Sense of Humor? (1 Viewer)

XPilot

Nitro Member
Just logged on to the website waiting to see what kind of shenanigans were pulled this year. The answer? NONE!!!!!

They've always had some good stuff on there for April Fools Day. The best in my opinion was in '97 or '98.

Where'd it go this year?

It was announced either last year or the year before that they would no longer do April Fool's. It was either confusing to the sponsors or it was generating negative responses from sponsors of the drivers involved so NHRA squashed it. :(

The only reasons to log on to NHRA's web-site was Rob Geiger's column "Geiger Counter" and the ritual April fools stories. Since Drag Race Central has the results much quicker, I guess I can now remove them from my favorites. What's next? All the talk about races and drivers being replaced with sponsor spots?

Only stop there for the blogs, Run Times and the Audiocast.

ain't about the fun side of Racing anymore, it's all about the marketing.

d'kid

Just logged on to the website waiting to see what kind of shenanigans were pulled this year. The answer? NONE!!!!!

They've always had some good stuff on there for April Fools Day. The best in my opinion was in '97 or '98.

Where'd it go this year?

You are not going to get me to fall for that!!!:D

Jay

I heard they had hired Larry Morgan as a Technical Advisor... now that I wouldn't believe!! :D

Now, if they said Papa John bought IRP....
That I might believe.

d'kid
(don't tell MM about the picture of Danny and Princess in "people" in the race pictures)

Hey guy's they are there, if you click for more info it takes you to past jokes as well as challenges you to find the rest

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back