HART RESPONDS TO CRITICS IN DIRECT MANNER (1 Viewer)

mikebcurve

Nitro Member

Maybe it’s just me, but I like this guy!

His tiff with Brittany a while back was kinda off-putting. I know he's from the alcohol ranks and wants to be reconized as more than a rookie, but Tony Stewart's approach and mindset is way more appealing to me

I'm currently dealing with a similar situation in a completely different aspect of life. This quote nails it- “I just don’t understand why the more popular drivers expect for us newer people to tee up the win lights for them,” Hart said. “It doesn’t make any sense. So I’m just going to continue to do my thing. I’ve never been a very cliquey person. I’m very comfortable by myself, so if they don’t want to be my friend, it’s not going to hurt my feelings.

I truly believe that the 7 second rule needs to be extended to 10-12 seconds in any 4 wide races. Think of it when dealing with only two cars
7 is fine but double the number of cars and it naturally is goanna take more time.
Better yet SCRAP the 4-wide nonsense.

Mr Hart is a quiet gentleman with the heart of a hungry tiger, willing to bet he will win championships

12 seconds with your foot off the pedal and the pump wide open wouldn't go over very well. Drivers get upset now if someone takes four seconds to get in, increasing the window to allow another five seconds for someone you hang you out is a bad idea.

I have done a 4-Wide staging seminar at every event and the first thing I tell the drivers is "Don't over think it." If you pre-stage and wait until all four are pre-staged then do your normal routine everyone will be in within 3 seconds of each other. The biggest issue seems to be when someone gets confused with the extra lights, or forgets which lane they are in. Most of the time it works just fine.

Alan

12 seconds with your foot off the pedal and the pump wide open wouldn't go over very well. Drivers get upset now if someone takes four seconds to get in, increasing the window to allow another five seconds for someone you hang you out is a bad idea.

I have done a 4-Wide staging seminar at every event and the first thing I tell the drivers is "Don't over think it." If you pre-stage and wait until all four are pre-staged then do your normal routine everyone will be in within 3 seconds of each other. The biggest issue seems to be when someone gets confused with the extra lights, or forgets which lane they are in. Most of the time it works just fine.

Alan
OK how about adding 2 seconds?

I don't think any extra time is needed. Just do your normal routine and you will be fine. If it was 8 lanes, if all the drivers did did their regular routine they would all turn the second bulb on within 2.5 seconds of each other.

Just My Opinion.
Alan

OK how about adding 2 seconds?
Why do we need to add time? Whether you are racing one other person or three other people, the rule is the same. As soon as one person is fully staged, you have 7 seconds to get your car in the beams or be left at the starting line. Pretty simple to me. Everyone says that stuff like this is a reason to scrap the 4-Wides....I think it's a reason to have MORE of them. Let's see who can adapt the best when they are taken out of their comfort zones and have to shake up their routines a little bit. Embrace the chaos, don't run from it!

Why do we need to add time? Whether you are racing one other person or three other people, the rule is the same. As soon as one person is fully staged, you have 7 seconds to get your car in the beams or be left at the starting line. Pretty simple to me. Everyone says that stuff like this is a reason to scrap the 4-Wides....I think it's a reason to have MORE of them. Let's see who can adapt the best when they are taken out of their comfort zones and have to shake up their routines a little bit. Embrace the chaos, don't run from it!
You bring up an excellent point. Any thoughts on how to make 2 Wide more chaotic, to increase entertainment value to an even higher level?

Hart did nothing wrong. They all had 7 seconds, Langdon screwed up and took to long. They all waited longer for him stage and since he didn't everyone waiting the full 7 seconds.

I laugh at how racers get so caught up in that. I get waiting on the line, but as a competitor I'd be pissing them all off as I would vary every time just to get them off their game.

if the first driver to stage in a 4 wide goes deep and puts pre-stage light out, i'm assuming the 7 sec. clock still starts?
or is there a mechanism in the 4 wide staging electronics will not allow this?

if the first driver to stage in a 4 wide goes deep and puts pre-stage light out, i'm assuming the 7 sec. clock still starts?
or is there a mechanism in the 4 wide staging electronics will not allow this?

The clock starts when all drivers are pre-staged and one is fully staged.

Deep staging has zero effect on the clock.

If one driver double bulbs, the clock will not start until all the other drivers pre-stage.

It would never happen, but even if three are fully staged and one hasn't pre-staged yet, the clock would not start until that last driver lights the pre-stage.

Alan

The clock starts when all drivers are pre-staged and one is fully staged.

Deep staging has zero effect on the clock.

If one driver double bulbs, the clock will not start until all the other drivers pre-stage.

It would never happen, but even if three are fully staged and one hasn't pre-staged yet, the clock would not start until that last driver lights the pre-stage.

Alan
yup. got it ....... has there been a 4 car/bike burndown in 4wides where one racer will not light the prestage? (not nitro classes) ...... assuming lanes 1 and 4 could have an advantage here?

Hart did nothing wrong. They all had 7 seconds, Langdon screwed up and took to long. They all waited longer for him stage and since he didn't everyone waiting the full 7 seconds.

I laugh at how racers get so caught up in that. I get waiting on the line, but as a competitor I'd be pissing them all off as I would vary every time just to get them off their game.
If the other racers are pissed off by having to wait "too long" then their anger should be directed at Langdon. He made them wait a full 7 secs. Hart was just going by the rules that the NHRA established.

John Force is a perfect example of that (Mr. Deep stage) .................. 🤣

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back