Harold Meziere Seriously Injured (1 Viewer)

twostep

Nitro Member
Big trailer fire; Grapevine Pass outside of Bakersfield. Probably on his way to Sonoma. His car was destroyed. Second degree burns. He's in the hospital, non life-threatening injuries according to preliminary reports.

Get well soon.

Wow! Hope he'll be OK.

Trailers, sheesh, can't live with 'em can't live without 'em. Two Sundays ago, I was passed on I-5 by my left rear trailer wheel. That'll get your heart rate up...

Prayers to one of the coolest old guys I know..

I've raced with and against the Meziere family for years. Always classy people.

Get better Harold!;)

Update and clarification.

I'm being told apparently one local news outfit is now reporting there were no injuries. Others initially reported Meziere received second degree burns to the upper part of his body and is expected to remain in the hospital for at least a week. Perhaps a family spokesperson can clarify.

There is no conflict of information as to the damage. Complete devastation.

Harold is doing well. He has had a surgery today and should be in the hospital for about 7 to 101 days.

wow! I was thinking about trailer fires this morning as I know of three that have happened in the northwest. Sadly, here's another one. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

What causes these generally?

wow! I was thinking about trailer fires this morning as I know of three that have happened in the northwest. Sadly, here's another one. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

What causes these generally?

I know of several causes. The most common is wheel bearings that get dirty or dry and then overheat. Sometimes brakes get stuck on and overheat. But I've heard of several crazy ones, including one where a wrench bounced out of a drawer, crossed a battery terminal and sparked a fire.

Problem is that once you get a race trailer going, you're screwed. Fuel, oil, etc. all just take off. Never heard of a race trailer fire that wasn't a total loss.

Rumors around the track last night it was a refrigerator malfunction again just rumors?
I also heard 5 to 10 days.

Norcold issued a recall on RV fridges built in 1999-2000 due to possible fires. Trailer Life magazine has been running a two page alert for about a year.

Cofini had a trailer fire and it took everything going over a pass on the way to the Seattle National event about five or six years ago. He never raced again. and then there was that famous fire that Ed "the Ace" McCulloch had on the way to Indy from Portland OR in 1973? And finally, the Eugene Carbide saw team had a fire on the way back from Mission but the good news was part of their operation was salvageable.

Last edited:
Cofini had a trailer fire and it took everything going over a pass on the way to the Seattle National event about five or six years ago.
Didn't they pull into Woodburn with that trailer? Top Alky dragster? I remember a trailer there around 5 or 6 years ago that was burned up around the front right corner really bad. :(

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back