Harley diving in Rd 1 (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
Now this doesn't seem suspicious at all! /sarc :rolleyes: Nice job of diving by Andrew Hines.

Eddie Krawiec 0.149 6.892 191.54
Andrew Hines 0.011 7.295 152.71

Hines gets a huge holeshot, Krawiec starts to make up ground, then something happens to Hines bike near the end of the run. Krawiec drove around Hines before they reached the 1000 foot mark and pulled away for the win.
Eddie was asleep at the light and then Hines mysteriously has problems and slows so Eddie can drive around him for the win.

Scuba-Diving-Flag.jpg

Last edited:
Now this doesn't seem suspicious at all! /sarc :rolleyes: Nice job of diving by Andrew Hines.

Wrong. Lousy job of diving by Andrew Hines, and apparently Krawiec, with his .149 starting ling campout, forgot which one of them was in the countdown. I understand why teams do this, but they should at least practice on making it look legitimate. Let EK win by 5 feet, not 100 yards.

Wrong. Lousy job of diving by Andrew Hines, and apparently Krawiec, with his .149 starting ling campout, forgot which one of them was in the countdown. I understand why teams do this, but they should at least practice on making it look legitimate. Let EK win by 5 feet, not 100 yards.

You can't cut it that close. If something breaks on Eddie's then Andrew accidentally wins. This way Eddie didn't risk a red light, which Andrew pressed it hard for, then when he was way out(and enough to get some decent numbers for testing) those pesky gremlins jumped up to bite him.

I get why it goes down from a business standpoint and if the sponsor told me too I'd follow along but from fan a fan standpoint I don't see any difference between this and points shaving.

Until each car is required to have different sponsors, team orders will exist. Formula One has the most blatant examples.

But on the other side of the coin, there was that incident at Reading in 2007 when Morgan Lucas raced and beat his countdown - eligible teammate Melanie Troxel. Both the media and the fans thought that it was a foolish move to knock the team out of a championship contention...all Lucas needed was a "pit mishap" and the car to not appear at the starting line....

The race looked a lot like this one. :D

Automobile Club of Southern California NHRA Finals SUNDAY PRO STOCK MOTORCYCLE

It is easier to accept when it is the same sponsor, but I do think it still sucks. Speaking of racing heads up, John and Courtney put on a good race in rd 1.

I remember that year's final (2008) in PSM and it stunk. That was such a bad job of diving I couldn't believe Eddie K. or Andrew H. could be serious and not laugh during the finish line interviews or Awards Ceremony. As I recall, since Eddie K. actually won the Championship after the semi-finals against Andrew, the ESPN team took time out from other REAL racing to show Eddie K. being crowned the Pro Stock Motorcycle Champion and ignored the racing on the track for a few minutes. That made me even more sick to my stomach, and to top it off, then Eddie K. lost in the Finals to complete the year as a WINLESS Champion! Great title to hold. Someone finally took that honor away from Rob Bruins as noted in the race stats shown in this link.

Until each car is required to have different sponsors, team orders will exist. Formula One has the most blatant examples.

But on the other side of the coin, there was that incident at Reading in 2007 when Morgan Lucas raced and beat his countdown - eligible teammate Melanie Troxel. Both the media and the fans thought that it was a foolish move to knock the team out of a championship contention...all Lucas needed was a "pit mishap" and the car to not appear at the starting line....

Many fans forget about this being a business as well as entertainment for us. I actually thought it was foolish for Morgan to NOT have his crew chief, you know.... put too much clutch in it or something. What was the worse that could have happened? It's not like his sponsor was going to leave him or anything. ;)

Some people are getting their panties in a bunch too much about team orders. Andrew Hines is not in the Countdown. Eddie is. Both have the same sponsor. It just makes sense to let Eddie win.

Guys, it's not the the occasional team order here or there is going to detract too much. It could be worse - look at Monster Jam, the motorsport equivalent of the WWE.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back