Hamstra takes out Cannon at Grand Bend (1 Viewer)

Hamstra takes out Cannon at Grand Bend
“I had my back to the wall and I took my best shot”

GRAND BEND, ONTARIO (July 22, 2007) – Indiana’s Jason Hamstra had a successful outing at the recent IHRA Mopar Canadian Nationals at the Grand Bend Motorplex in Grand Bend, Ontario.

Hamstra’s supercharged Pro Modified 1963 Chevrolet Corvette qualified ninth in the 16-car field with a 6.130-second, 231.56-mph run, and defeated number one qualifier Scott Cannon Jr. from Lyman, SC in his 1968 Firebird in the first round with a 6.080-second, 232.19-mph run.

“Scotty (Cannon) is one tough customer, and he always runs well,” said the 20-year old Hamstra. “He set low ET of the event (5.997-seconds), was number one qualifier, and leads the IHRA Pro Modified points. I had my back to the wall and I took my best shot.”

The DeMotte, Indiana entry, owned and crew chiefed by Jason’s father Kevin Hamstra is the quickest and fastest torque converter driven Pro Modified race car in the world.

The 1963 Chevrolet Corvette G-Force Race Cars Pro Modified is powered by an ERD (Engine Research & Development) 526-cubic inch supercharged Hemi united to a Coan Torque Converter with Lenco Drive Transmission.

In the second round, Hamstra lost to the eventual winner, Raymond Commisso of Toronto, Ontario. Commisso defeated Mike Janis of Western New York in the final round of the Torco’s CompetitionPlus.com Pro Modified division.

Coan Torque Converters, ERD (Engine Research & Development), G-Force Race Cars, and Hoosier Tires are sponsors of Hamstra Racing.

The next event for the Hamstra Racing Team is the Torco Racing Fuels Northern Nationals in the International Hot Rod Association (IHRA) Knoll - Gas Nitro Jam™ Drag Racing Series at Knoll Gas Motorsports Park, August 3-5 in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

For information about the Knoll Gas Motorsports Park, visit Knoll Gas Motorsports Park

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back