Hammonds Back in Pro Stock (1 Viewer)

I apologize if this is old news, but a good article concerning Tom Hammonds return to Pro Stock next season. Highlights include he has sold his dealership, has funding for the whole 2007 season, has taken delivery of a Rick Jones 2007 Cobalt and will be doing his own engines.

Hammonds returns to racing | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, Fla.

Good luck to Tom and it's good to have him back.

Yeah, I really liked him in the interviews that I saw. Plus he just seems to love the Pro Stock class.

It is great to see Tom Hammonds back in a car. But how competitive can a 250-260 lb. driver be in such a weight sensative class as PS? Not trying to sound offensive in any way, just pointing out the obvious. Drivers in all Classes are getting smaller and smaller every year. I had always thought that he and Larry Nance were at such a dissadvantage all along.

Last edited:
It is great to see Tom Hammonds back in a car. But how competitive can a 250-260 lb. driver be in such a weight sensative class as PS? Not trying to sound offensive in any way, just pointing out the obvious. Drivers in all Classes are getting smaller and smaller every year. I had always thought that he and Larry Nance were at such a dissadvantage all along.

Most PS cars are built under the weight limit anyway, he will just have less lead balast to move around the car.

I am much more concerned with him doing his own engines, that is tough row to hoe.

seems like the real story here is why did
he sell the dealership?
anyways, glad to hear he'll be back in pro stock.
doing his own engines, wonder if he'll try to develop
another team car or partner with someone?

seems like the real story here is why did
he sell the dealership?

I'm thinking that he sold it because he wanted to go racing again. i remember in interviews he gave when he first stepped out of his car, he said he was definitely going to be back. He's one of those people who make poor spectators.

I mean, what would you rather do. Sit in a dealership office editing employee handbooks and filing federal paperwork? \

Or would you rather drive a Pro Stock race car.

Wanna guess what MY answer would be?????? :D

Tom has been racing,he owns a 10.5 car. You guys seem to forget he was doing pretty well when he left last time. It wont be long and he'll be back to form. I'm sure he'll find a good crewchief to help him. Class brings class!!!

I am much more concerned with him doing his own engines, that is tough row to hoe.

Power should not be a problem. Tom hired both of Krisher's engine people. The last time he went P/S racing he was using Krisher power, this time it will be the same people, but it will now be Hammond's power.

Regards,
Pat

Sorry to bump an "old" thread but this is great news. Is Donnie Gardner coming back with him? And if Mr. Roberts and Mr. Oliver are working for him, power will be there. Great news for one of the really nice guys in P/S.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back