Gremlins Plague Angie Smith at Denver (1 Viewer)

KING, NC (July 24, 2011) – Angie Smith came into the Denver race only three rounds out of the NHRA Full Throttle Championship Countdown cut-off spot, however after gremlins plagued her all weekend, Smith failed to qualify for her first time of the season.

During the first qualifying session of the weekend, Smith’s battery in her Buell shorted out the fuel pump, not allowing her to make a pass. On her second attempt, Smith had problems with the fuel injection map.

Having two more shots at it on Saturday, Smith ran a 7.384 et at 178.90 mph during the third session, which put her in the field. But with the final session being a quick session and Smith’s crank sensor going out in high gear, Smith’s result would leave her sitting on the outside looking in.

“I don’t really know what to say,” said Angie Smith. “I am disappointed and frustrated. It is no fun when things go wrong and they are beyond your control. All I can do is keep my chin up and head to Sonoma with hopes that all these gremlins are gone. I hate it for Best Tech Brands, FastSharkSupply.com, Red Line Oil, Wilson Concrete and Senecal Construction. Hopefully we can get the job done for them all in Sonoma.”

Smith has three more races to fight her way into the Countdown.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back