Goodyear Announcement (1 Viewer)

I cant even imagine how violent that must have been. It seems like tires usually just let go, i wonder why this one was so different?

Looks like Wayne Darlington and Ray Ghio Jr. owe me an apology. :)

From CompPlus:
Because the tire did not completely come apart, every turn of the completely unbalanced wheel and tire assembly resulted in a ground impact estimated to have been in excess of 40,000 lbs. pressure. Simply put, it appears to have been severe enough to have resulted in a massive chassis failure, as Medlen’s impact with the Gainesville Raceway retaining wall has been estimated to have been no more than 120 MPH, certainly not fast enough by itself to have resulted in the massive tubing failures that resulted.
That's exactly what I said all along. I said the tire failed, either by itself or from an outside cause, and the weight of the tire being so out of balance caused the extreme vibration that shook Eric to death.

Looks like Wayne Darlington and Ray Ghio Jr. owe me an apology. :)

From CompPlus:
That's exactly what I said all along. I said the tire failed, either by itself or from an outside cause, and the weight of the tire being so out of balance caused the extreme vibration that shook Eric to death.
That's not necessarily true, Brent..

"Force and others involved in the teleconference emphasized that this was not a tire failure in the sense that some in drag racing have come to know them, but was something completely outside anything previously seen in motorsports."

I hate to say it..but. If the tire had 'completely' failed..it would have avoided the vibration..and Eric would still be with us.

That's not necessarily true, Brent..

"Force and others involved in the teleconference emphasized that this was not a tire failure in the sense that some in drag racing have come to know them, but was something completely outside anything previously seen in motorsports."

I hate to say it..but. If the tire had 'completely' failed..it would have avoided the vibration..and Eric would still be with us.
That's why I specifically said on several posts that the tire failed by itself or something caused it to fail. We still don't know what outside source caused the puncture but the end-result is that it caused the tire to fail. I also said that the severe vibration could only be caused by one thing: a severely out of balance tire. I said there's nothing else on those cars capable of creating a vibration that bad and today I was proven correct by no less than Goodyear themselves. I was told I was wrong by both of them (Wayne and Ray) so now I'll gladly accpet their apologies.

Last edited:
Brent
I extended my hand the other day... As far as asking you to PLEASE stop posting on this subject or link me to the Goodyear statement that you claimed was issued, you failed to ever provide me with a link #1 and then you proceed to call me names that I would not take from anyone, let alone you... Now, if you can find a post that I ever made telling you that you were wrong, please post it because I do not ever remember saying that to you... Until then, I will refrain from conversing with you whatsoever... You showed me who you really are by your childish name calling... You had absolutely no proof of your postings at all... I listened to the teleconference today, and I am going to try and find the transcript of what I missed in the beginning... The one thing that did come out of it was that they have no idea what caused anything yet... So if you wish to continue having your posts deleted because of name calling...then fire away... Enjoy yourself, and pat yourself on the back... But I will await this mystery post you claim I made... Then I will be happy to try and talk with you as an adult...

You seem to forget quickly, it was you doing the name-calling and a couple of your posts were deleted by one of the moderators.

By the way, you don't need "proof" of anything when common-sense tells you all you need to know. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there's only two things on those cars heavy enough and rotating fast enough to cause that vibration, they're called tires. That's exactly what I've said all along and yet you called me out on it, insulted me and called me names for stating what should have been easy to figure out if you'd use common sense. Looks like my so-called "speculation" was right on the money all along.

Last edited:
You seem to forget quickly, it was you doing the name-calling and a couple of your posts were deleted by one of the moderators.
Brent, seriously, you are thinking of someone else... I never said a word to you other than what I stated... I read all of your posts that were deleted and NEVER commented or responded to any of them... Why would I ?? You had made your point over and over again... That is when I just asked you nicely to PLEASE stop, and you took it from there... It was not me... No matter how much you believe it was... It was not...

Can't you guys just kiss and make-up?

Kind of silly to carry on like this..

The tire failed..BUT NOT IN THE SENSE THAT WE KNOW IT..so you're partially right there, Brent.

And I don't recall Ray being anything other than..LEAVE IT ALONE..at the time.

So can we move along in a civil way..or do I have to delete this one?

Hey, I think both of you guys are cool..so let's finish it here ok?

Can't you guys just kiss and make-up?

Kind of silly to carry on like this..

The tire failed..BUT NOT IN THE SENSE THAT WE KNOW IT..so you're partially right there, Brent.

And I don't recall Ray being anything other than..LEAVE IT ALONE..at the time.

So can we move along in a civil way..or do I have to delete this one?

Hey, I think both of you guys are cool..so let's finish it here ok?

:D :D YAY!!!! someone finally said it :D :D

it's nothing personal guys but david is right....it seems kinda silly to argue about something like this

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back