Gene Wilson (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
So im reading the new National Dragster and says him and Nickens will be out all year 2008,does that mean a no go for Erica? I thought she had a team mate picked already for next year.

So im reading the new National Dragster and says him and Nickens will be out all year 2008,does that mean a no go for Erica? I thought she had a team mate picked already for next year.

Hi Jeremy. I'm in Houston this weekend to call the 'Lonestar Shootout'. David Nickens is quite the buzz around here. The staff here at Houston Raceway Park speaks well of Nickens and Wilson. This is obviously 'Nickens country' here. They were here testing a couple weeks back and are working on their development plans for next year.

It'll be nice to see David and Gene back on the tour and doing well...in a Mopar! ;)

Gene and the Nickens team were/are in Denton this weekend testing and putting on a little show.

That would have been great John. Next year you need to place that call early. My RacePak runs (in the high 7.20's) showed with a very smooth acceleration graph and virtually no tire spin that the track was there for 'em all day Saturday.

That would have put more butts in the seats, and avoiding a nearby national dragster challenge (State Capital) would have helped fill the non-Mopar side of the field.

That would have been great John. Next year you need to place that call early. My RacePak runs (in the high 7.20's) showed with a very smooth acceleration graph and virtually no tire spin that the track was there for 'em all day Saturday.

That would have put more butts in the seats, and avoiding a nearby national dragster challenge (State Capital) would have helped fill the non-Mopar side of the field.

Thanks for a great weekend Jeff. We're finishing up now.

I should have thought ahead about calling David. We'd have given him the keys to the place if he'd been here! And yes...the track has been there all weekend.

On a personal note, I brought my son Adam down for his 13th birthday and he's had a blast. The staff here at HRP has been fantastic all weekend.

I'm happy for Gene & David..but I am concerned with wassup on the Erica front as well.

Haven't heard anything.

Hey John, wish I knew you were there. I've been there all day. My dad, brother, uncle, and cousin were all running electronics today. Dad won the Lonestar Shootout last year but got beat 2nd round today. If Nickens and crew would have been there today, they could have majorily improved that 6.84 they ran the other day for sure. Our top dragster normally run's high
7.8's and today we ran in the low to mid 60's.

Hey John, wish I knew you were there. I've been there all day. My dad, brother, uncle, and cousin were all running electronics today. Dad won the Lonestar Shootout last year but got beat 2nd round today. If Nickens and crew would have been there today, they could have majorily improved that 6.84 they ran the other day for sure. Our top dragster normally run's high
7.8's and today we ran in the low to mid 60's.

I wondered if the digger that had "League" on the side was yours. I wish I would have sought you guys out...it would have been nice meeting you guys. Glad you guys ran well, too bad you didn't repeat! I'll let you know when we're back in town next year. On that note, have you ran over at No Problem Raceway? They're pushing us to put an event on there next year. Any thoughts???

I wondered if the digger that had "League" on the side was yours. I wish I would have sought you guys out...it would have been nice meeting you guys. Glad you guys ran well, too bad you didn't repeat! I'll let you know when we're back in town next year. On that note, have you ran over at No Problem Raceway? They're pushing us to put an event on there next year. Any thoughts???

That was us. Personally I have never ran at No Problem but we have some friends of ours that run it regularly and love it. They pack the place from what I'm told. Matter of fact, those guys are hopefully coming to HRP this weekend for our bracket bash.

On that note, have you ran over at No Problem Raceway? They're pushing us to put an event on there next year. Any thoughts???

John,

We've never run at No problem, but everyone who ever has raves about the place and the owner knows how to promote-you'd be nuts not to race there. Talk to the Teutons if you have any questions.

John,

We've never run at No problem, but everyone who ever has raves about the place and the owner knows how to promote-you'd be nuts not to race there. Talk to the Teutons if you have any questions.

Good to hear from you Dave. We had the Teutons at HRP last weekend and they'd really like to have us there next year. Our race director, Nitro Joe Jackson, is equally excited about the prospect. He's worked several races there and says basically the same thing you did...that we'd be "crazy" not to run there.

Jambalaya and a Dixie beer sure sounds goooood to me! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back