Gazoo (1 Viewer)

GAH- zoo, according to article. When I was at the test session in Phx, I saw a seperate 18 wheeler with Gazoo signage. Sign on back window of trailer said "authorized personal only", so am thinking someone from Toyota was watching testing, especially Supra F/C. Would like to see Toyota develop a 500" Pro Stock motor. They already have a NASCAR V-8.

The world of nitromethane racing is about to be drug out of the inward looking doldrums. With real engineers from Toyota and TSR now having access to the jealously guarded inner circle, look for some very interesting changes. Remember what one NASCAR trained engine tuner did to Pro Camaro back in the 2000's?

The Free Dictionairy gives it a different meaning:

GAH- zoo, according to article. When I was at the test session in Phx, I saw a seperate 18 wheeler with Gazoo signage. Sign on back window of trailer said "authorized personal only", so am thinking someone from Toyota was watching testing, especially Supra F/C. Would like to see Toyota develop a 500" Pro Stock motor. They already have a NASCAR V-8.
Cliff will you be at WHP tomorrow/Friday? I will be there in the afternoon and evening Q1. Chance to say Hello?

I looked up Gazoo & in Japanese, the way the team uses it, mean photo or photograph or image. Kinda like the Supra F/C is a photo or copy of the real Supra. Their language & culture is different that us, & they see meanings different than we do. I watch a lot of video on Japan & trains, and have picked up on some stuff. No I don't speak Japanese, but love their trains. heh

Yes I will be there when the gates open. heh Am sitting in spectator side, Section S7, Row U, Seat 1. Same seat I had 2 years ago. NITRO........ Just going Friday & will follow on line Sat & Sun.
Cliff, I guess my wife and I will be almost directly across from you.
We’re in P6, row U, seats 2 & 3.
We’ll be there today and Sunday.

Yes I will be there when the gates open. heh Am sitting in spectator side, Section S7, Row U, Seat 1. Same seat I had 2 years ago. NITRO........ Just going Friday & will follow on line Sat & Sun.
Enjoy the race!!

I got to Wild Horse 7:30 AM. Left to go home 7:30 PM. Die hard.... Got to meet Gary Hart. He came w/ grandson & buddy from Canada. We had a good time yakking about some place called Detroit Dragway (HA). We all enjoyed the Q session. Doug Kalitta's 3.65 - 229 was the high lite to me. I think Doug's 3.65 was quicker than any run in 2021. Robert Height did OK too. The last few T/F runs were busted, cuz track might have been a tad too cold. Well, let's see what they do Sat. Thought the car count was a bit smaller than last tome in 2020. Crowd was OK for Friday. Hope they pack the house Sat & Sun. Alan's commentary was great. He got the crowd excited for Pro/S and the cars did well for Phx. Oh, didn't see too many Canadian cars this year. Usually a bunch of them come to the race. Lots of Canadians live in Phx during the winter.

The guy sitting next to me was listening to the crews on his radio. He said the crew chiefs were almost giddy because of the track and weather conditions.
Then, after Force ran his 3.85 early in the session, we couldn’t help but wonder if we were going to see a high .70.
Even though that didn’t happen there were some stellar runs.
Note to self; if you sit on the pit side, don’t leave your dadgum hat at the hotel!

Sorry you got fried Ted. That old floopy hat I wear is great for the pit side at Wild Horse, cuz the sun is on you all day. I also use an umbrella. I forgot my old Speedworld hat at home, so I bought an NHRA hat at the track. I don't exactly have that much hair anymore, so.....

Cliff, we’ll be at the race on Sunday. And I will have my hat on.
But, given the icy weather back home in Arkansas, I’ll be the only person with a sunburn when we get back.
It’s 31° at home right now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back