Frank Manzo: Perfect points season (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
To my understanding, the Alcohol classes allow the best 5 of 8 national, and 5 of 8 divisional finishes, 85 points to win, with 850 being the most points a racer can accumulate.

Frank won Nationals at the first 5 events he raced at (Pomona, Gainesville, Atlanta, Joliet, Englishtown), and has won at 3 of the 4 Divisional events (Richmond, Reading, and today at West Lebanon).

If Frank can win 2 of the next 4 divisional races that he can claim, he would finish with a perfect points season.

Has any sportsman racer ever done that before?

PS- I don't know Mr. Manzo's plans, but he can do this in 1 weekend.
Remember the Norwalk D3 race? It got rained out after 1 round was completed, to be finished at the Columbus D3 race in 3 weeks.

Manzo was there and won the first round, so if he goes to National Trail, he can win the Norwalk event, and if he wins the Columbus event, he would have a perfect season before the end of July.

Can you say total domination?

What is it about Mr. Manzo and his team that makes them so good? What's his X factor?

What is it about Mr. Manzo and his team that makes them so good?

The same thing that every dominant team has: a ton of hard work, a lot of experience, a talented crew that works well together, dedication to getting the job done and doing it right, etc.

Those guys sure have their stuff together and its nice to see a hard working, regular guy with a full time job like Frank beat up on the guys that come in and want to buy event wins and championships.

Frank Manzo and Rick Santos both did it in 2000.
Manzo did again in 2001 and he just missed with 829 pts (1 runner up, rest wins) in 2002, 2003, and 2006.

Rick Santos might have done it another time as well, he flat owned TAD from 1997-2001.

I'm pretty sure that Pat Austin has also had a perfect season, Tony Bartone may have had one in '96 too. I'll check the media guide when I get back to Portland later today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back