FOX announces broadcast team (1 Viewer)

Maybe I missed it but who is doing the top end interview with the Gary Gerrould(hope I spelled that right) retirement?

I can't imagine they would need 2 pit reporters during the rounds, so I would guess that either Massel or Howe will handle the post race interview duties.

they should open the show/s with camera in bleachers panning and pulling back to jamie & bruno sitting in bleachers and introducing
the 'nhra xyz nationals presented by abc', then camera panning back and zooming in on starting line just a two cars launch....then
into nhra/fox music intro; then throughout broadcast show bruno and jamie moving from their seat to the souvenir and
vending trailers and the pit area.

I agree. Goosebumps. EVERY time.

Me three. A proud moment at any sporting event.

One aspect of pre-race that I don't like, however, is when a skydiver drops in with the US flag. Always used to be a favorite but since Pomona Finals in '99, I get extremely nervous and can barely watch.

Me three. A proud moment at any sporting event.

One aspect of pre-race that I don't like, however, is when a skydiver drops in with the US flag. Always used to be a favorite but since Pomona Finals in '99, I get extremely nervous and can barely watch.

I was at Pomona that day too ... Sitting in the West Side Grandstands right at the starting line. There is never a time I see a skydiver coming down with the flag that I don't think of that day in Pomona and breathe a little sigh of relief when he lands safely, and I am not usually the nervous or jittery type.

I agree BUT, they need to audition the soloist before putting them on the program.
Some have been terrific (I'm reminded of the soldier who sang at Pomona a few years ago) and some have been just awful.

A little forethought goes a long way.

BTW: Just being a celebrity doesn't guarantee a quality rendition of the Anthem either.

I hope that for the Sunday elims show, they include the singing of the national
anthem and (with no announcers talking) the two top fuel cars firing up and doing the burnouts. My favorite moment of any NHRA race event.

I will be at Pomona and Phoenix ... So I will have to wait until Gainesville to see the new TV package.

Who am I kidding ... I will definitely DVR it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back