Forrest isn't the only Proud Papa today (1 Viewer)

yoda

Nitro Member
DivisionalWinnersCircle3.jpg

Winner's Circle bath!!!

DivisionalWinnersCircle2.jpg

When the kid decides to go rounds, he picks a good race to do it at!!

Emmett got his first win yesterday at the NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League D7 Divisional event yesterday at S.I.R. Dragway in Tucson.. After getting in the show with a .001 light (Jr's qualify based on their Reaction Times..), Emmett mowed down five rounds of competiton to take home his first ever drag racing trophy with R.T.'s averaging 0.076, and TWO dead on the Index 8.90 passes (including one where both cars hit their dials- Emmett's 8.900 against his competiton's 8.937- it was won by the driver's amazing light on the front end) :D- WOO HOO!!!! :D

I'll tell ya folks, I TOTALLY know how Forrest must have felt rolling down the return road yesterday... Great job by both "kids" yesterday- congrats Morgan and Forrest on your win as well.
Hope you guys had as much fun as we did!!!

Martin, got your Text Bud, congrats for the Kiddo's! THey'll NEVER forget that first win no matter what!;)

Martin, Congrats to you and your son on the big win.....Stick out that chest and be proud Dad.......

Congratulations Emmett! How cool is that?!! :D Awesome Job Kid!

You too Pop. :cool:
Must of had Spike on the phone tuning it between rounds. :p

Those pic's are so cool Martin...
Jump on in that thing Avery, the Winner Circle waters cold but it's just fine! :)

Congrats Guy's...
Nice work on the Honor Student deal too ET.
I'm so proud of you, and all of the hard work you have done!
Keep it up!

Last edited:
Now that's what this is really all about. Not nitro, not Pro cars but family participation and family fun. Way to go to the whole family!

Congrats! I sure miss racin jr's and the friends i made along the way and what i learned. It's one of NHRA's best programs. I hope my kids want to race when i have them!:)

DivisionalWinnersCircle3.jpg

Winner's Circle bath!!!

DivisionalWinnersCircle2.jpg

When the kid decides to go rounds, he picks a good race to do it at!!

Emmett got his first win yesterday at the NHRA Jr. Drag Racing League D7 Divisional event yesterday at S.I.R. Dragway in Tucson.. After getting in the show with a .001 light (Jr's qualify based on their Reaction Times..), Emmett mowed down five rounds of competiton to take home his first ever drag racing trophy with R.T.'s averaging 0.076, and TWO dead on the Index 8.90 passes (including one where both cars hit their dials- Emmett's 8.900 against his competiton's 8.937- it was won by the driver's amazing light on the front end) :D- WOO HOO!!!! :D

I'll tell ya folks, I TOTALLY know how Forrest must have felt rolling down the return road yesterday... Great job by both "kids" yesterday- congrats Morgan and Forrest on your win as well.
Hope you guys had as much fun as we did!!!

Martin and Emmett, congratulations! That was a huge win against the best-of-the-best.

Chris McGee.

Huge congrats to Emmett and you too Dad! And if you're getting even the smallest bit of advice from Chris McGee, you'll be in the winner's circle alot more in the future! He knows them backwards and forwards.

Was Little Jimmy Kelso there this weekend too?!

And as an aside...was the track official entered in a "Dave Danish Look Alike" contest? Seriously, it made me smile cuz I still miss Dave. Hopefully he's looking down on both the folks at SIR & California Dragway and smiling.

Huge congrats to Emmett and you too Dad! And if you're getting even the smallest bit of advice from Chris McGee, you'll be in the winner's circle alot more in the future! He knows them backwards and forwards.

Was Little Jimmy Kelso there this weekend too?!

And as an aside...was the track official entered in a "Dave Danish Look Alike" contest? Seriously, it made me smile cuz I still miss Dave. Hopefully he's looking down on both the folks at SIR & California Dragway and smiling.

No little Jimmy, but big Jimmy was there and returns your hellos Bill.. He was the one that took both the photos...

I totally agree re: Mr. McGee- he put together an 8.90 package that on its FIRST FULL PASS went 8.904.. I am absolutly a true believer that with the attention to detail that went into the building of this package and the "answer any questions" customer service that Chris has offered since Day 1, along with an On-Target driver like Emmett, we have a few more trophies in our future :)

The track official in the photo is Dennis Scheepstra, the track manager that came on after Dave's untimely departure from our lives... Yeah, I miss Dave too- he was a really great guy and he's missed by a lot of people in this sport. And Dennis has been a monster help in making this all come together ever since the day we rented the track last September to test out this new package, and he's not too bad a guy himself- we're lucky to have him down here in Tucson :).

I can't ask for too much more- a great drag strip 10 miles from my front door, a great bunch of folks running it, some fantastic people to help me keep our package together, and most of all, two great kids that make me happy to be a Dad.. Life doesn't get a whole lot better. Honestly.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back