Ford Stepping Up (1 Viewer)

This is good news.

As for jumping into the deep end, keep in mind that all of the American car makers are posting record losses these days, and they need to keep that in mind when it comes to discretionary advertising and promotions budgets.

Trust me when I say their Blue Box data collection program and equipment, all of which is available at no cost to the racers if I'm correct, is NOT cheap. As apposed to consumer electronics, which is manufactured in mass quantities, specialty electronics and the custom software that goes with it is very expensive. Just leaf through any Industrial electronics catalogue to see what I mean.

I'm going to be at Brainerd this year, and if they're at that race, I'll definitely check out their display.

I wonder if this means that GMC vehicles may start leaving and we will be getting new Ford Trucks and cars as support vehicles, I hope not.

Come-on Donie, I've had both Chevy and Ford 1 ton dually and in 99 i bought a new F350 and it still looks good and runs great.:D

I guess this is a start for Ford getting in bed with the NHRA.

If they want to prove that they are in it for real they need to recruit Cagnazzi or Anderson, or if the planets were to align, GLIDDEN to build a Pro Stock program around.

I guess this is a start for Ford getting in bed with the NHRA.

If they want to prove that they are in it for real they need to recruit Cagnazzi or Anderson, or if the planets were to align, GLIDDEN to build a Pro Stock program around.

Ain't gonna happen. Like I said, the money is coming from the service end of the business. They're spending money to get people into their shops, not to buy new cars.

Now, if the Mustang division decided to spend a bit (or a lot) to sell new Boss Mustangs, it could get really good.

As far as I'm concerned, this is far from "getting into bed". Ford has been pretty much estranged from the NHRA for quite a few years and it's a good thing that they are finally coming back in a meaningful way.

And to a previous message, this new arrangement shouldn't affect the GMC program in any way - other than to challenge them for visibility.

I wonder if this means that GMC vehicles may start leaving and we will be getting new Ford Trucks and cars as support vehicles, I hope not.

i hope not too.....oil downs will take twice as long because they'll have to stop and fix the support vehicles half way through them :eek::p:p

i hope not too.....oil downs will take twice as long because they'll have to stop and fix the support vehicles half way through them :eek::p:p
If they get the right trucks they can replace the jet dryer since some of those Ford's shoot flames out of the exhausts. They'll just need to turn the exhaust tip so it's pointing at the ground. :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back