Factory Stock (1 Viewer)

I believe it is a minimum weight depending on the power adder.
Wait, what? They have rules? I thought OUTLAW meant no rules, other than safety, and the premise is they don't like organized drag racing? Are we going to see a SOHRA rulebook soon? o_O

But back to FS, the Mustangs got the Whipple 2.9L supercharger, same as the Mopars, and it really helped them step up. If I read this right the minimum weight for 2019 COPOs & CJs is 3,575 lbs., same as the Hemi cars, but earlier model year COPOs or CJs get the weight break. There's other details too, see here:
http://www.nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=71418&zoneid=132

It looks like NHRA is trying for parity, but I agree it is crucial they don't screw this up by factoring the Mopars out at this early stage of the game! This is a great class and far more interesting to watch than Pro Stock Camaro.

I've got to admit, I was amazed when I saw under the hood of Drew Skillman's car. The engine is a massive piece. The engineering is beautiful. And the whole car is super clean.
Skillman engine.JPG

On NHRARACER.com

NHRA Technical Department Makes Parity Adjustment to the SAMTech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown​
Based on SAMTech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown performance numbers from the first race of the 2019 season, the NHRA Technical Department is increasing the supercharger top pulley size on the 2019 COPO 350 combination from 3.350 inches to 3.500 inches and the 2019 Cobra Jet 327 combination from 3.250 inches to 3.500 inches. This will decrease the 2019 COPO 350 combination supercharger overdrive from 147.5 percent to 136.6 percent overdrive or 10.9 percent. Additionally, this will decrease the 2019 Cobra Jet 327 combination supercharger overdrive from 146.2 percent to 128.6 percent or 17.6 percent. As a reminder no other changes may be made to all approved superchargers, including, but not limited to: (upper or lower pulley sizes, gear ratios, cases, rotors, etc.). All other permitted combinations in the SAMTech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown will remain unchanged. This rule change will go into effect immediately. NHRA reserves the right in the future to make additional rule changes to control performance and maintain parity in the category.

http://www.nhraracer.com/content/general.asp?articleid=71436&zoneid=132

What exactly will these rules accomplish? Is it for parity? Nothing said about Mopars.

Let's see, the title of the article is "NHRA Technical Department Makes Parity Adjustment to the SAMTech.edu NHRA Factory Stock Showdown"......hmmmm, what could they be doing this for????

It didn't mention Mopar because the NHRA was decreasing supercharger overdrive for Ford and Chevy, not Mopar.

Probably the bigger reason was to slow them down overall. Chassis are only 7.5 cert and with the set weight going faster becomes unsafe.

Also Ford and Chevy was given a bigger blower more over drive to "catch" up with what Mopar was running last year, they took some back

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back