Exclusive Video! Graham Light, Don And Tony Schumacher Following Shootout DQ (1 Viewer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pellegrini
Finally a driver speaking his true feelings about the countdown crap!

Uhhhhhh.........it would have been more impressive if one had something to to do with the other

It might have nothing to do with it but he still bitched about it! ;)

The NHRA needs to man up and stop the selective enforcement of the rules. If the NHRA consistently weighed ALL winning cars, this would not be an issue. I agree with Tony, if NHRA wants to have a certain car win the championship they have the ability to do so since the NHRA is inconsistent with the enforcement of the rules. If this does indeed occur, I will be joining PJ.

I believe Tony is referencing points required to make the shootout (as well as the countdown), and the shootout champion.

A: Like others have said, for a hundred grand, take no chances, get weighed and fuel checked.
He weighed all weekend, and 1 round from that kind of dough is not the time to change up routines. Fuller weighed, and he ran the pair prior to TS and Mel. I cant believe that tech took a break during the second pair of the final Q session to go get a dog and a soda.

If the assertion is that there is no red/green light, then how did they know to get weighed and fuel checked on previous passes?

B: He really shouldn't be throwing Mel under the bus. If she said something to tech, go ask her AND tech, but to rip at her and that team when she wasn't there to defend herself, on tape no less, was pretty classless. Same with what he said about Cory Mac. She did deserve to be in the race, since it was a shootout based on a the last years qualifying efforts.

C: As for Tony bringing the Countdown into this (no matter if you love it or hate it) going into this race he was the recipient of a 16 point swing to lift him from 4th to 3rd in the standings. 20 grand jump. edit: This race inside a race has nothing to do with the Countdown, and he has gained from the Countdown.

I a bit embarrassed for Alan Johnson based on the Schumacher's behavior.

Last edited:
A: Like others have said, for a hundred grand, take no chances, get weighed and fuel checked.
He weighed all weekend, and 1 round from that kind of dough is not the time to change up routines. Fuller weighed, and he ran the pair prior to TS and Mel. I cant believe that tech took a break during the second pair of the final Q session to go get a dog and a soda.

If the assertion is that there is no red/green light, then how did they know to get weighed and fuel checked on previous passes?

B: He really shouldn't be throwing Mel under the bus. If she said something to tech, go ask her AND tech, but to rip at her and that team when she wasn't there to defend herself, on tape no less, was pretty classless. Same with what he said about Cory Mac. She did deserve to be in the race, since it was a shootout based on a the last years qualifying efforts.

C: As for Tony bringing the Countdown into this (no matter if you love it or hate it) going into this race he was the recipient of a 16 point swing to lift him from 4th to 3rd in the standings. 20 grand jump. edit: This race inside a race has nothing to do with the Countdown, and he has gained from the Countdown.

I agree he shouldn't be taking it out on Melanie.There's no evidence she actually said anything about weight being taken off.It's a he said she said thing.

Alan Johnson was just as pissed off...thats atleast how I took it on the broadcast. I think Tony owes Melanie an apology based on all the things he said about her and I would sure hope he took the opportunity once things calmed down to do so.

Sure was lucky we got to see that exchange....it even had a bit of Pro Wrestling angle to it. For the entertainment it was priceless, no matter who's side you are on. I would love to see more of this kind of thing...who knows, maybe they are practicing for next year with HDP.

I can see it now, somebody get's DQ"d, then they head to the tower and hit Dim Light over the head with a folding chair....I smell ratings baby!

I can see it now, somebody get's DQ"d, then they head to the tower and hit Dim Light over the head with a folding chair....I smell ratings baby!
It might actually knock some sense into him and he can finally start making some decent decisions. :rolleyes: I don't know how that guy has a job with some of the idiotic things he's done.

Tough luck for them, but they screwed up. plus no way can NHRA hand them another freebie like at the last finals.

Last year when Tony didn't shut it off ? How did that qualifying run help them win the championship? The run was aborted after early tire smoke I recall.
A free pass? yea a $10,000? pass was hardly free.

Last year when Tony didn't shut it off ? How did that qualifying run help them win the championship? The run was aborted after early tire smoke I recall.
A free pass? yea a $10,000? pass was hardly free.

Doug,

THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING MY MIND!!!!

Some people just don't get it! Even the Kalitta's didn't moan about it! But hey some people just refuse to accept it. O' well, what can you do :rolleyes:

The NHRA needs to man up and stop the selective enforcement of the rules. If the NHRA consistently weighed ALL winning cars, this would not be an issue. I agree with Tony, if NHRA wants to have a certain car win the championship they have the ability to do so since the NHRA is inconsistent with the enforcement of the rules. If this does indeed occur, I will be joining PJ.

now don't be getting my hopes up like that:D

At first I just assumed Tony and team messed up, quit complaining and move on but I didn't know that they allow cars to bypass the scales. Plus his comments about Cory getting a warning are eye opening.

Granted this race had nothing to do with the countdown but I love the jabs he took at the countdown. I had never thought of the conspiracy aspect like he did. I don't want to believe such a thing could happen but with iffy enforcement of the rules I suppose anything could happen.

But the important question is Was it exciting for you?:rolleyes: Maybe thats what the need, forget the countdown, just randomly dq somebody and watch the sparks fly

Can someone tell me what was said? I can't view 1320 videos.... firewall I guess. Wish it was on YouTube

I have trouble with them sometimes too.

I had to download it so that it would quit acting stupid for me.

Right click - save.
http://www.1320tv.com/videos/10-2-07/schumacher_controversy.wmv

One more thought: Wheras I enjoyed the footage, those conversations between Don Schumacher, Tony Schumacher & Graham Light should've been private and none of us should've been privvy to them. As a carrier air traffic controller I've spoken to my fair share of ticked off aviators & IT'S ALWAYS IN PRIVATE - regardless of who's wrong. Praise in public and punish in private. What was said between them, should've stayed between them... particularly given the volatility of the situation - though I thought they all handled themselves professionally.
Agreed. :cool:

DLB

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back