ESPN3 Question (1 Viewer)

Nunz

Nitro Member
I tuned in at 6:30 eastern, and they are delayed for about 20 min before starting Q2. The screen says it will start at 5:55 ET, but it will in fact be 6:55 Eastern. Isn't this a live feed?

They obviously meant Central time. First round top fuel just finished and they're in pro mod.

I still cant figure out why they cant show pro mod but they can show the stupid tractors prepping the track after pro mod b4 psm.

I still cant figure out why they cant show pro mod but they can show the stupid tractors prepping the track after pro mod b4 psm.

I wonder about that sort of thing too...for a long time I've thought whoever is making those sorts of decisions for ESPN doesn't really understand what is important to drag race fans and what isn't

I think I'd be willing to pay for a good real time feed with the track announcer, no interviews and just 2 or 3 cameras (as long as one would should the freakin' win light!)

They showed Pro Mod just long enough to show the crash in the first pair then they cut it off-------------

My experience having 3 on (I rarely just sit and watch, but it's on) is that, other than Sunday, they only run the cameras when they have raw content that will show up in one of their produced ESPN2 shows. So with no Pro Mod show, they don't seem to run the camera through pro mod Q.

Another advertisement for WFO radio. Last week's show included about a 20 minute segment with the producer of the NHRA broadcasts. They covered a host of topics including what they ask of drivers who want more air time, how they interact with venues like Sportscenter, and how the producer actually prefers the relaxed flow and presentation of the ESPN3 product to the 1 1/2 or 3 hour ESPN2 product. A lot of my lingering questions were answered during that segment.

The WFO guest prior to that was Tom Compton ... That too was worth the listen, although Tom is so soft spoken that I found him tough to listen too. Mind you, he was not uncertain about his views. His voice just doesn't move the db meter. I'm sure that was hard to produce as there had to be a 5 db difference between Compton and say Reinhart (or almost any other guest).

There have been a lot of oil downs in the alcohol classes. It has not started yet.

It will usually start right before the first pro stock bike pair start up.

Twitter is usually the the best free online source to see where they are at.
DRC is good also but not as up to the min.

today's race is not showing up at all on my Xbox ESPN3 now, it was listed Friday :-/

NHRA.com says they're shooting for 1:00, hopefully ESPN3 picks it back up, since I think they were scheduled for, I believe, 6 1/2 hrs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back