ESPN3 Pro Stock Commentary (1 Viewer)

Jeff

Nitro Member
In prior years, I had grown used to Rd 1 of pro stock going across the screen dead silent on ESPN3 ..... and then taking all of 30 seconds on the ESPN2 broadcast. This race they talked a ton and even had some pretty good drama ... it'll be interesting to see how the broadcast goes tonight.

I hate the fact that when they are running pro stock, they constantly go and show what's going on in the fuel pits. Show pro stock then go to the pits.

I just wish I could have gotten my ESPN3 signal to quick locking up every 30 seconds. I started watching it at 2pm EST and it was fine for the first couple of hours then it went bonkers.

I was trying to get the audiocast to work yesterday while they were not announcing on ESPN3 to see if what I was seeing in the sportsman classes beyond TAFC and TAD could be heard...but I got zero...anyone else have audiocast issues?

My ESPN3 was - pretty much - perfect all day. Maybe just me but, I thought the video was much better (and consistently so) than all prior years.
The Audiocast - on the other hand - was just awful. I had it on a separate computer - the same computer as my video - - different browser but couldn't get it to stay solid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

In prior years, I had grown used to Rd 1 of pro stock going across the screen dead silent on ESPN3 ..... and then taking all of 30 seconds on the ESPN2 broadcast. This race they talked a ton and even had some pretty good drama ... it'll be interesting to see how the broadcast goes tonight.
They do that when they are just going to show a quick summary of Rd1 PS on ESPN2 later.
Capture the footage, then go back and overdub the commentary to the edited round 1 coverage.
A show with addition "features"(i.e. PS bikes coverage) on ESPN2 will have the "silent" first round live on ESPN3.

Also, I agree with Jim, the quality of the video on ESPN3 was noticeably improved over last season.

Last edited:
When Dan Bennett used to announce during the PS Trucks it was the best! If you knew nothing about PS trucks, you did after the race. Very informative and put it in a way that everyone would understand. His knowledge was not limited to PS truck.

Bob

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back