Error-Free Weekend, First Atlanta Win on Line’s To Do List (1 Viewer)

Mooresville, N.C., May 10, 2011 – The NHRA’s Pro Stock division is in the midst of another extremely competitive season. Four drivers have split the first five races, with the first four positions in the Full Throttle championship standings separated by just over one round of competition, and numerous races decided by a margin measured in mere thousandths of a second. As such, every week a near-perfect performance is required to contend for the win.

In the first two races, Jason Line and his Summit Racing team were the picture of perfection, scoring impressive wins in Pomona and Gainesville, a showing they certainly would like to duplicate this weekend at the Summit Racing Equipment Southern Nationals in Atlanta, GA. To do so, the quiet-spoken Mooresville, NC resident acknowledges that both he and the KB Racing crew will need to be virtually error-free, not an easy task.

“Figuring out how to be mistake-free is tough, and if I knew the answer, I could help anyone win,” said Line. “In reality, it’s different for everyone. For starters, you need to be ready both mentally and physically. You also need to have the right cars and equipment, which also have to be properly prepared, which is something this Summit Racing team has had throughout the season. Unfortunately, we haven’t always taken advantage of them on race day.

“However, that’s just a part of racing. Even though we would certainly like to, you’re not going to win every race. The important part is that when things don’t go your way, that you learn from the experience and make yourself better. That’s why I think we’ll be better this weekend in Atlanta than we were two weeks ago. We might have stumbled, but that experience should eventually make us stronger.”

As if racing in his sponsor’s race was not enough incentive, Line will have added motivation this weekend, as Atlanta Dragway is one of a handful of tracks on the 2011 Full Throttle Drag Racing circuit where he has yet to reach the winner’s circle. However, armed with a very fast and consistent race car and backed by a championship-winning team, he heads into the Commerce quarter-mile cautiously optimistic about his chances.

“I’m not really sure why I haven’t won in Atlanta before,” said Line. “After all, Greg (teammate Anderson) has had his share of success there in the past, so maybe this will be my year. In any case, it promises to be a fun weekend, starting with the Coca Cola champions’ dinner on Thursday night, which is always a nice evening. It’s also great that it’s a Summit race, which means we’ll get to see everyone at the track, and that Greg, Ronnie (teammate Humphrey) and I will have our own cheering section.

“Naturally, there’s a little added pressure racing in your sponsor’s race, but not anymore than we put on ourselves. After all, we approach every race with the same goal, and that’s to win. The bottom line is that we are going to have a good Summit Racing Pontiac in Atlanta, one that should certainly afford us the opportunity to do very well, including winning the race. It’s up to us to make the most of it, avoiding any errors and putting ourselves in a position to score what would be a very special win. I think it’s about time that I added an Atlanta Wally to my trophy case.”

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back