Ernie Hall Top Fuel Tribute (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
Right now at www.capracing.com there is a tribute and photo page of the late Ernie Hall who raced in top fuel from the mid 60's to late 80's. Featured in the photo album is an early shot of Ed McCoulloch and Hall, as well as a cool shot of the greek wrapping up his chute.

Thanks for the memories, Rich. Although my memory might be failing me, I'm pretty sure I saw him up here a few times with all the other NW Top Fuel guys (Hank Johnson, Jerry Ruth, etc.) Those were the days - and I remember when the old Edmonton International Speedway had an NHRA points race and they had TF at a points race.

Thanks Doug. This Ernie Hall tribute has been real popular and I'm glad you saw it. Some of the photos came from the Hall family the other photos I shot.

Next I'm doing one on Garlits' last visit to Spokane.

Thanks for the link. I saw Ernie race many times in the Washington area through the years. He always had good stuff and ran pretty well. Nice guy too.

The first time I saw him was at a divisional race at Bremerton in the early 70s when I was around 14 years old. My buddy and I hung out in the pits and I remember him as being one of the friendliest of the bunch.

I was at SIR when he passed away. A truly sad day for NW fuel racing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back