Englishtown camping question (1 Viewer)

BrianT

Nitro Member
Does anyone know if Englishtown has onsite camping?
Or do they allow overnight in the parking lot?
If not where is the closest campground?

Thanks
Brian

Does anyone know if Englishtown has onsite camping?
Or do they allow overnight in the parking lot?
If not where is the closest campground?

Thanks
Brian
You better check out NHRA.com about new rules pertaining to cooking... :eek: One little incident and nobody can roast hot dogs... :D

That seems to be for Pro teams only.
Good catch there Andy... I saw tent and was thinking camping tent... :rolleyes: You have no idea how much I have on my plate, to read silly details like that... :D Sorry bout that... :eek: My bad...
Have a great time Brian... :cool:

The NHRA info on cooking in tents refers to the NJ State Fire Code regulating tents used for public occupancy, not camping tents for private use. Basically, the code requires a certification that the tent materials have a fire resistance meeting National Fire Protection Standards, a fire supprssion system (usually fire extinguishers rated "TYPE ABC" located in a visible location), adequate exits based on the anticipated number of people that will be in the tent, the posting of a "Maximum Occupancy Placard", and a temporary permit. As far as hospitality railers with a built in kitchen, this may have different requirements as far as a fire suppression system.

I strongly recommend that all teams using a hospitality tent/trailer, contact The Old Bridge Township Fire Prevention Bureau very soon to get their requirements so that everything is in place before you arrive for the event. Another source of info is the NJ Division of Fire Safety at the NJ.gov web site.

Our town hosted the PGA golf championship in 2005. There were many hospitality tents in use that had to meet these same requirements. It's not that hard to do if you have the info ahead of time. Just remember to give the local Fire prevention guys plenty of time before the race, and you should have no problems when you set up.

To answer the original question, no there is no on site camping. Got a little too rowdy back in the day. I don't know of the nearest campground but I have noticed some private property owners that allow a few campers in their yards.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back