Email For Dave Rieff & Alan Reinhart (1 Viewer)

After all the NHRA bashing that goes on here, I bet he left of his own free will.
Just what the drag racing world needs, another defender of the NHRA. Until Compton and Light are gone and the vote is returned to the members I will bash them every chance I get.

Just what the drag racing world needs, another defender of the NHRA. Until Compton and Light are gone and the vote is returned to the members I will bash them every chance I get.

Hold on a minute, you assume that since I said "bashing" that I'm a defender of the NHRA. Some things they do, I like, others, not so much. I just got tired of hearing about it. If you really want to affect change, talking to executive management (who are often disconnected from reality) rarely works. What we need is the email addresses of the board members. A petition we can send to them directly. But I don't really think people are going to do that because it's just human nature to complain and not really champion change

But I don't really think people are going to do that because it's just human nature to complain and not really champion change

Or there is just complaining without offering solutions. Change for changes sake is not generally a good thing. I am also of the opinion, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. We know what Compton and Light are, we know what their vision of NHRA is.

Also, familiarity breeds contempt. The more we follow something, the closer we get to it, the more annoyed we are by certain things. Also just human nature. Most people when they get annoyed don't take the critical step of figuring out why they are annoyed and what they could do to rectify the situation, it is usually just fire this person, drop that event off the schedule, get rid of that class or whatever, which are rarely viable solutions, just reactionary rolls of the dice hoping for a better result.

Lastly, I wouldn't want Compton or Light's job. You got hundreds of competitors, sponsors, media and promoters with various agendas, plus thousands of paying customers with widely varying agendas and fans watching from home with their own agenda. Anyone who thinks you can keep all of them happy all of the time, or even most of the time while moving the sport forward, is wildly underestimating the task at hand.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back