Elite Q2 runs DQ'd (1 Viewer)

Tony

Nitro Member
Does anyone know why 3 Elite drivers had their Q2 runs DQ'd? (Results from Dragracecentral)
Left Lane: Jerry Tucker No Time, Now #15; Best prior run: 6.651/207.02, Was #14
Tucker's run was DQ'ed for a technical violation
Right Lane: Jeg Coughlin No Time, Now #13; Best prior run: 6.647/206.13, Was #12
Coughlin's run was DQ'ed for a technical violation.
Left Lane: Aaron Stanfield No Time, Now #9; Best prior run: 6.636/206.73, Was #9

Stanfield's run was DQ'ed for a technical violation.

Does anyone know why 3 Elite drivers had their Q2 runs DQ'd? (Results from Dragracecentral)
Right Lane: Jeg Coughlin No Time, Now #13; Best prior run: 6.647/206.13, Was #12
Left Lane: Aaron Stanfield No Time, Now #9; Best prior run: 6.636/206.73, Was #9

EE also.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here but if you're trying to stay in the bottom half of the field to be a blocker - make the run, gather data, bypass the scales, get the run disqualified and stay in the bottom half of the field.

Why did she run early in the 3rd session ? She should have been one of the last pairs based on qualifing spot ? Yes No ?

Why did she run early in the 3rd session ? She should have been one of the last pairs based on qualifing spot ? Yes No ?
If you get DQ’d the runs don't count and you start over. It was obviously something tha was the same on all the Elite cars and they didn’t think it was not allowed.

Sounds like Hartford has a problem with Elite Motorsports. He was bitchin bout the size of the team. He said GA is racing against 8 cars when he has only one. I guess the pressure is getting to them. EE puts a wrap on another Championship.

Well what I don't understand is why anyone would have a problem with a DQ for knowingly bypassing a mandated safety system?

I’m a little confused on that. I’ve seen the word “bypassed” used in the same stories later worded as hooked up incorrectly. One sounds intentional and the other doesn’t.

Here's a question. Tony Schumacher got fined and had points taken away ($20K and 50 points) for having disabled safety systems (in addition to the the rev limiter being bypassed) after Brained last year. Remember that? Does (should) NHRA do the same here? Full or partially? Let it be, or same for everybody? Wouldn't that be something at this point in the season. I don't have an opinion yet, just something that came to mind.

Last edited:
Here's a question. Tony Schumacher got fined and had points taken away ($20K and 50 points) for having disabled safety systems (in addition to the the rev limiter being bypassed) after Brained last year. Remember that? Does (should) NHRA do the same here? Full or partially? Let it be, or same for everybody? Wouldn't that be something at this point in the season. I don't have an opinion yet, just something that came to mind.
I'd be real interested in knowing what the effect on the system the wrong wiring had.

How about the poor guy who forgot the fire bottle pins- big fine Did the let him run then tell him?

Well what I don't understand is why anyone would have a problem with a DQ for knowingly bypassing a mandated safety system?
Nobody would. But I'd have to question anyone who for a moment believes Team Elite would deliberately bypass a safety system that automatically shuts the engine off in the event that the driver is unable to do so. Wired it differently, perhaps, than Leahy's recommendations but 'bypass' means DISABLE. Nobody would do that or have a reason to.

Nobody would. But I'd have to question anyone who for a moment believes Team Elite would deliberately bypass a safety system that automatically shuts the engine off in the event that the driver is unable to do so. Wired it differently, perhaps, than Leahy's recommendations but 'bypass' means DISABLE. Nobody would do that or have a reason to.
I would like to believe that's true. But having 4 cars wired wrong and the rest of team Elite wired correctly does give you a reason to say hmmmmmmm......

it sure is odd how the C is so highly touted, yet all these recent rulings kind of skew how this 6 race dash for points is actually playing out.
i mean really. bob goes low and gets the hats and 3 small points. a little while later he gets zero points and robert gets 3 instead of 2.
on someone's recent video aaron brooks was asked about the whole deal, and he said something to the effect, 'we just think it's kinda' funny'.
i've never heard a more politically correct answer :rolleyes:

I would like to believe that's true. But having 4 cars wired wrong and the rest of team Elite wired correctly does give you a reason to say hmmmmmmm......
I'd have no idea why 4 did and 4 didn't. But I can flat guarantee you if Elite actually bypassed that system for whatever reason, NHRA would have done a hell of a lot more than DQd the runs.

I assume NHRA told them "the shutoff systems on these 4 aren't wired according to Leahy's specs and therefore the problem must be corrected before you can continue. Your Q2 runs will be disqualified. Rewire them correctly, we'll re-tech the car and then move on." A wrist slap that didn't significantly affect anyone's points.

I'd have no idea why 4 did and 4 didn't. But I can flat guarantee you if Elite actually bypassed that system for whatever reason, NHRA would have done a hell of a lot more than DQd the runs.

I assume NHRA told them "the shutoff systems on these 4 aren't wired according to Leahy's specs and therefore the problem must be corrected before you can continue. Your Q2 runs will be disqualified. Rewire them correctly, we'll re-tech the car and then move on." A wrist slap that didn't significantly affect anyone's points.
go to this video about the 5 minute mark and listen to the explanation:

go to this video about the 5 minute mark and listen to the explanation:
Thanks, Ken. Lots of us including myself relied on opinion, guesswork and speculation because we weren't being told what actually happened. Perhaps it wasn't anyone's responsibility to explain the details. But after hearing them I'm still not fully on board with the decision to negate the runs.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back