Eddie Hill sighting (1 Viewer)

Two years ago I was in negotiations with Eddie to purchase his 2004 Corvette, as he had just purchased a new C6. Ultimately, he sold it to someone else, but over the course of negotiations, we had several long phone conversations. He and Ercie are happy on their horse farm, never attend national events, and seldom even watch racing on TV. Here are a few photos that he sent me during our conversations.

th_EEinleathers.jpg

th_EdCaptainAmerica.jpg

th_EddieandCapclosehover.jpg

th_Val.jpg

Two years ago I was in negotiations with Eddie to purchase his 2004 Corvette, as he had just purchased a new C6. Ultimately, he sold it to someone else, but over the course of negotiations, we had several long phone conversations. He and Ercie are happy on their horse farm, never attend national events, and seldom even watch racing on TV. Here are a few photos that he sent me during our conversations.

In all honesty...thats really sad, too bad their missing out.

with how many years he focused on racing he probably finds it a relief to be away from it for a while

We just have a difference in opinion then :)

Well, why did you add "In all honesty" above but, you didn't in this post? ;) :D

When I was younger I thought it was odd when I learned a lot of racers can't watch a race. I think there's just no comparison for them after they've been down the track in a fast car. Maybe they love it enough that it drives them nuts just to watch but, they're too tired of the corporate/business end required to do it?

Well, why did you add "In all honesty" above but, you didn't in this post? ;) :D

When I was younger I thought it was odd when I learned a lot of racers can't watch a race. I think there's just no comparison for them after they've been down the track in a fast car. Maybe they love it enough that it drives them nuts just to watch but, they're too tired of the corporate/business end required to do it?

I didnt want you to think I was just being funny in my first post...thats why I said that. I always felt that if you love drag racing you'd be watching as well as competing every chance you get, I cant picture myself never going to an event again or not watching it on TV, but then again, alot of the drivers are just that...drivers and they don't really care if they watch it or not. Nothing against the Hill's, some may not be able to sit and watch without wanting to get back in the seat.

I didnt want you to think I was just being funny in my first post...thats why I said that. I always felt that if you love drag racing you'd be watching as well as competing every chance you get, I cant picture myself never going to an event again or not watching it on TV, but then again, alot of the drivers are just that...drivers and they don't really care if they watch it or not. Nothing against the Hill's, some may not be able to sit and watch without wanting to get back in the seat.

That's why I couldn't understand you saying it's "really sad." If that's what he wants or doesn't want to do, I wouldn't want otherwise. If he went and didn't want to, I think that would be sad.

It looks like Eddie & Ercie are really enjoying life. Good for them!!!

They are still dealing with horse power, just the 4 legged kind!!!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back