Ed Pink Racing Shop (1 Viewer)

Bill Carter's mom used to work at Chris and Pitts on Washington Boulevard in Whittier. Bill told us to never let his mom know that he was still driving because he told her he had quit. He said she'd have a heart attack if she found out he was still driving.

Just watched the video, what an incredible amount of history.
Lots of FE Ford parts and engines. Sure stinks they have to relocate for something very temporary.
Like anyone in government cares about real people.

Everything comes to an end, but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

A decent article, but a bit irritating that the author kept writing "nitrous" instead of "nitro" when referencing the Cammer used for drag racing,

I believe the State would pay to re-locate the shop and assist with the purchase or lease of a new location, since I recall that his property is being sold in order to provide space for a new transit station in Van Nuys. I get that Ed needs to retire, but I'm a little surprised he is not selling the business as I recall seeing a Youtube video where he indicated that they still have a lot of customers.

I'll send a note to the writer to change "nitrous" to "nitromethane." Im sure he would appreciate the feedback.

If I understand the story correct, Ed sold the business sum 20 years ago and leased out the building to the current owner. He spent a good part of the month up north somewhere in his mountain home and would come down from time to time. What happens to the operation is up to the current owner.

I'll send a note to the writer to change "nitrous" to "nitromethane." Im sure he would appreciate the feedback.

If I understand the story correct, Ed sold the business sum 20 years ago and leased out the building to the current owner. He spent a good part of the month up north somewhere in his mountain home and would come down from time to time. What happens to the operation is up to the current owner.
Ed has a new shop (2013) in Newbury Park CA. "Ed Pink's Garage"

Ed and Bob Brant doing the work now.

Jeff, I didn't know that. Bob is one of the people that has been in contact with VHS recently.
I heard from Alan Gillis late last year, (passed away in Dec of 2022) that Bob Brant was running the dyno at Ed Pinks old shop in Van Nuys on the weekends by special request, for anyone who needs an engine dyno.
Not sure if it's still true as my friend/contact Alan Gillis RIP is gone now.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back