DSR RIG CATCHES ON FIRE EN ROUTE TO VEGAS, NAPA TEAM TO MISS TESTING (1 Viewer)

Going to be a lot of cleaning before Pomona

Attachments

• E35AAEBE-9736-4320-9CA6-E7C08B2ABF1D.jpeg
    E35AAEBE-9736-4320-9CA6-E7C08B2ABF1D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
The chassis on the left doesn't look too bad. Fire damage can be tricky - looks good but tubing is weakened, etc etc. Argh Hope they get back on the road quickly.

Looks better then what I expected, I was thinking a total loss of trailer and contents. Looks like soot
and smoke damage, but not much heat. Considering the cars where at the top of the trailer and that
is where all the heat and smoke would be.
Possible flat tire be the cause? I was under the impression the weather was bad snow & ice
at the time of the incident.

rear wheel/tire looks to have been replaced in order to tow off road?......what a crappy deal. no worries. i picked ron on PTW, they'll be fine

Didn't Greg Anderson lose a race-winning car and associated rig to a fire a few years ago?

Yes Greg Anderson had a similar deal. Greg's deal was after seasons end. After the awards banquet, they left Pomona, and got to the Fontana area and had the fire.

Anderson's fire was a double hit. Earlier that year they had a house fire. While in LA his wife bought several items for the house putting them in the trailer for the trip back home. Lost those items and the trailer.

Here is a link.

Last edited:
Here is a link.

for a few hundred dollars truck and trailer can be equipped with a TPMS. Continental Tire makes a good one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back