Event 12 of 22
Sonoma Raceway
Sonoma, Calif.
July 22-24, 2022

TONY SCHUMACHER: Driver of the Okuma Top Fuel Dragster
Tony 1.jpg

Tony stats1.jpg
Noteworthy:
The 2022 Sonoma Nationals will mark Schumacher’s first time competing at Sonoma Raceway since 2018
Quotable:
“To me, Sonoma is one of those tracks that I just get extra pumped up about it. Denver, Bristol, Gainesville, Sonoma, those places are so epically beautiful, I look forward to them every time. Sonoma is one of those races where we’ve had some good success. After a disappointing first round in Denver, I’m ready to get right back in the car and try and redeem ourselves.
“We had to take out our back up car in Denver, and it’s been a thrash this week for the guys, putting a new front end on our original car. I’m not sure yet which car we will be running this weekend, but our guys are excellent at what they do and I have no doubt, at the end of the day, they’ll give me a great Okuma race car in Sonoma.”

About Don Schumacher Racing
Established in 1998, Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) has grown to become the winningest organization in NHRA Drag Racing history, and further cemented its position as one of motorsports’ elite teams when it surpassed the ‘350 wins’ milestone during the 2020 season. DSR owns 19 world championships in three different NHRA categories, and including hall-of-fame team owner Don Schumacher’s five NHRA Funny Car triumphs from the 1970s, DSR has been successful in capturing 366 national event victories overall.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR campaigns the Maynard Family/Scag Power Equipment Top Fuel dragster in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with fan-favorite Tony Schumacher at the helm. As an eight-time world champion and 85-time NHRA national event winner, Schumacher is the most decorated Top Fuel driver of all time.
DSR also campaigns three entries in the Factory Stock Showdown Series. The trio of DSR Dodge Drag Paks is piloted by former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk, David Davies, who made his NHRA debut with DSR in 2021, and Warren Walcher, who is set to compete in his first full FSS season in 2022.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back