DSR-DSM? (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Saw this on Drag Race Central:

Tony Schumacher, Austin TX, DSR-DSM

So the chassis is DSR, but the motor is DSM? Do they have their own engine program now? I know they make their own heads, but are they making their own blocks, too? Most of the people using AJPE parts use TFX for the engine, or in the case of Kalitta, AJPE.

Congratulations on a great weekend Don, hope everything is good on your health.

Last edited:
I remember talking to the crew chief (?) of Frank Hawley's BBFC in 1978 and he told me that Veney was going to build his own cylinder heads from billet(?) aluminum. "Build your own" has really expanded since.

Don, kind of a shock to hear on tv about your health issues, but prayers have been sent your way! Which,BTW,should arrive quickly
since Im in Glen Ellyn. :)
Also, It was very comforting to see the pic Megan posted of you with the Winternationals Wally! And it must be very satisfying for YOU to realize there were virtually NO DSR Team Members interviewed who did not mention how much they missed you not being at the track!!!
Wishing you a very speedy recovery and fishing trips on your boats before you know it!!!
John
PS. Thanks to Sandvick for helping to enable DSR to become DSM... not to mention helping Fast Jack out from time to time! Last year at at Joliet I mentioned to the manager/ sales VP from the Schamberg Plant that they should consider having a small amount of Sandvick-Coromont(sp) shirts made up and sell them at your trailer!!! You know, get their name out there in Bright Yellow!!!
They are becoming very well known in the knife industry for making very nice steel that holds it's edge and is easy to sharpen, so IMHO, they should capitalize on that business too.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back