drivers images are shifting (1 Viewer)

I was NITRO BREATH

Nitro Member
In the last month the way many of us perceive certain drivers has ,I think ,changed. After the John Force/Robert hight dive controversy many of us began to question our admiration for John and by extension Robert. Then the Pendregons made there feeling about John's alleged cheating known on TV and many of us admired their honesty but I think there were more of us who called them hypocrites and sore losers. On the flip side I think there are many drivers who have burnished their images because of the dive controversy. Morgan Lucas along with Shawn said on tv that they are racing heads up and don't intend to turn NHRA drag racing into the WWF. And gained respect from alot of people. Tim W and Tasca said the same thing. For me, and I think all of us, Tim is one of the best people in the sport. And this year we are getting an idea about who Bob Tasca is and its pretty impressive. And then there is Ashley. She is coming across as a very mature, intelligent person while she is improving her driving tremendously and quietly inching up on the championship. I think she is impressing most everyone. And finally the NHRA. Starting last year but certainly this season many of us have taken a dim view or began to question the "smarts" of the people who 'govern' our sport. The countdown or clowndown whatever your preference, has been a huge factor. But not the only one. And while most of us respect the immensity of the job the NHRA must do every season the number of hard core drag racing fans who drink the NHRA coolade has certainly decreased.

68416045.wGDPMlLK.popcorn.gif

Consider the source and go re-read his past posts. This is not a message - but an agenda in my opinion.

Quite frankly I hope there is more controversy from the drivers and teams in the coming weeks and seasons. Images are overrated in racing. I want a guy/girl/team who want to win at all costs.

It makes for great entertainment....and makes the mater hum!

As far as images changing go and all the drama that goes with Paul Page babbling to try to fill time it is still nitro that puts asses in the seats.

No matter where you are at a race as soon as a nitro car fires up ears perk up and noses reach out for a sniff of it. T/F, F/C and A/FD cars are the ones that get the attention not pit fights, the name of the Force cat or how many miles are on John's scooter at the end of the week.

Every sport has reporters and announcers that are paid to find every "Human Interest" angle at an event until the event pales behind the hype. Go back and watch the low buck Diamond P Videos from the 80's and early 90's and the racing is the focus not the fluff or images.

I say shut up the talking heads, focus the HD cameras and turn up the sound if you can't be there in person. All the rest is just a reason to have a fast forward button on your DVR.

Monday night's show was exciting to watch, mainly because of the close rounds of racing, and because there were some unfamiliar faces in the late rounds...............

In the last month the way many of us perceive certain drivers has ,I think ,changed. After the John Force/Robert hight dive controversy many of us began to question our admiration for John and by extension Robert. Then the Pendregons made there feeling about John's alleged cheating known on TV and many of us admired their honesty but I think there were more of us who called them hypocrites and sore losers. On the flip side I think there are many drivers who have burnished their images because of the dive controversy. Morgan Lucas along with Shawn said on tv that they are racing heads up and don't intend to turn NHRA drag racing into the WWF. And gained respect from alot of people. Tim W and Tasca said the same thing. For me, and I think all of us, Tim is one of the best people in the sport. And this year we are getting an idea about who Bob Tasca is and its pretty impressive. And then there is Ashley. She is coming across as a very mature, intelligent person while she is improving her driving tremendously and quietly inching up on the championship. I think she is impressing most everyone. And finally the NHRA. Starting last year but certainly this season many of us have taken a dim view or began to question the "smarts" of the people who 'govern' our sport. The countdown or clowndown whatever your preference, has been a huge factor. But not the only one. And while most of us respect the immensity of the job the NHRA must do every season the number of hard core drag racing fans who drink the NHRA coolade has certainly decreased.

Where in the hell did that come from. When you keep referring to us do you have a dog?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back