Dote racing pulling the plug for 2016? (1 Viewer)

Boo

Nitro Member
Just read over on CompetitonPlus where the Dote family is pulling the plug for 2016. I am sure the loss of their primary sponsor is a big reason why. So that leaves Leah Prtichard looking for a ride. So I guess let the speculation begin ;) Schumacher maybe in the Red Fuel ride? If Landon truely is on a short term loan?

Well spoken, easy on the eyes and one of the best, pure drivers in the sport today. If the opportunity arises, she won't be on the sidelines long.

Sean D

I was afraid this was going to happen when i heard Gumout was leaving. I sure hope she can find something soon. Leah is a great driver and does an awesome job representing her sponsors.

Just read over on CompetitonPlus where the Dote family is pulling the plug for 2016. I am sure the loss of their primary sponsor is a big reason why. So that leaves Leah Prtichard looking for a ride. So I guess let the speculation begin ;) Schumacher maybe in the Red Fuel ride? If Landon truely is on a short term loan?

The Red Fuel ride had another female driver getting licensed Monday. Ran in the 3's and over 300 nice and easy.
Leah would be an asset to any team out there. Very well spoken and can drive anything. Hopefully something comes together.

What, specifically, is Leah's continued role with Gumout?

who said she still has a role with Gumout? .... every year NHRA looses teams.. top fuel lost one and funny car lost one, and pro stock is loosing a couple.. i guess there will be several events next year without full fields . . .NHRA is sinking as fast as the Titanic

Let's not forget a key component to the equation: the consumer.

Fans of the sport need to support sponsors. Earlier this year when I did a head gasket job on my silverado, I purchased a case of Gumout brand cleaner specifically because they sponsor Leah and a drag race team.

Granted, it's only a couple dollars, but I hope that other fans purchase sponsor's products when they can.

What is the status on the vacated Massey car, currently driven by Langdon? Is Langdon staying in that seat? If not, Don should seriously think about Leah. Just saying.

What is the status on the vacated Massey car, currently driven by Langdon? Is Langdon staying in that seat? If not, Don should seriously think about Leah. Just saying.
As Paul S. was hinting towards, Mia Tedesco was in that car Monday getting her TF license.

i know it will never happen, but it sure would be interesting to hear exactly why some of these sponsors, full and part-time, enter and leave nhra; most notably leave........gumout for example.......did they enter on a part-time basis with a team like dotes to reinforce their brand for a period of two years?, knowing that they would leave after that period of time?......or did they enter with dotes on a part-time basis looking for wins and nhra growth, finding disappointment on one or both levels?

Last edited:
Many sponsors come in, leave, and come back again. I know Gumout has been around for years, at different levels of involvement. Marketing strategies are always changing.

i know it will never happen, but it sure would be interesting to hear exactly why some of these sponsors, full and part-time, enter and leave nhra; most notably leave........gumout for example.......did they enter on a part-time basis with a team like dotes to reinforce their brand for a period of two years?, knowing that they would leave after that period of time?......or did they enter with dotes on a part-time basis looking for wins and nhra growth, finding disappointment on one or both levels?

I would like to see some of this too. I'm sure the suits on the inside know, but it would be interesting for sure.

Personally, I bet you would find a steady mix of both.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back