Don Prudhomme/Roland Leong (1 Viewer)

Eric L Williams

Nitro Member
Hi fellow maters, I have a question-I have a friend who says that Don Prudhomme drove the Hawaiian Punch F/C (was one of the drivers)? I told him(them) that they are wrong, and the only car the Don drove for Roland was the Hawaiian dragster in 1965. Help:D Can any of you maters confirm ant of this? (ok, I know quite a few of you can!!! That's why I;m here:D) Also I need a list if possible of the drivers who drove the Hawaiian Punch car. Mike Dunn, Jim White, Ron Carlson, Billy Meyer?,and I think there were others, but I'm not sure.

Hi fellow maters, I have a question-I have a friend who says that Don Prudhomme drove the Hawaiian Punch F/C (was one of the drivers)? I told him(them) that they are wrong, and the only car the Don drove for Roland was the Hawaiian dragster in 1965. Help:D Can any of you maters confirm ant of this? (ok, I know quite a few of you can!!! That's why I;m here:D) Also I need a list if possible of the drivers who drove the Hawaiian Punch car. Mike Dunn, Jim White, Ron Carlson, Billy Meyer?,and I think there were others, but I'm not sure.

I think (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) off the top of my head in 93 or 94 Gordie Bonnin drove it, least Roland was tuning. As For Prudhomme, I can't recall him driving an Hawaiian Punch FC.

Mike

Hi fellow maters, I have a question-I have a friend who says that Don Prudhomme drove the Hawaiian Punch F/C (was one of the drivers)?Wrong I told him(them) that they are wrong, and the only car the Don drove for Roland was the Hawaiian dragster in 1965. CorrectHelp:D Can any of you maters confirm ant of this? (ok, I know quite a few of you can!!! That's why I;m here:D) Also I need a list if possible of the drivers who drove the Hawaiian Punch car. Mike Dunn, Jim White, Ron Carlson, Billy Meyer?,and I think there were others, but I'm not sure.
The Snake only drove Leong's dragster.

And the Answer IS: NO!
And take Billy Meyer off the list too...

But, Don Shoe DID drive Barry Setzer's Vega... Ask him. it was at The County...

Hawaiian Vacation car was driven by Gordie Bonin.

Hawaiian Punch sponsored cars were driven by Mike Dunn, Rick Johnson, Johnny West & Jim White.

King's Hawaiian Bread sponsored cars were Ron Colson & Mike Dunn.

Over the years, Larry Reyes & Butch Maas drove Hawaiian Funny Cars. I'm sure PLENTY others drove them too. These are just who I can name.

Of course, the Snake drove the Hawaiian dragster in 1965.

Hawaiian Vacation car was driven by Gordie Bonin.

Hawaiian Punch sponsored cars were driven by Mike Dunn, Rick Johnson, Johnny West & Jim White.

King's Hawaiian Bread sponsored cars were Ron Colson & Mike Dunn.

Over the years, Larry Reyes & Butch Maas drove Hawaiian Funny Cars. I'm sure PLENTY others drove them too. These are just who I can name.

Of course, the Snake drove the Hawaiian dragster in 1965.

Pat Foster for sure, the 70 car after Larry stepped out... heck Pat drove as many cars as Rollin' Along had drivers...:D:eek:

It was Ron Colson, not Carlson.

Leroy Chadderton should also be added to the Hawaiian Funny Car list.

Mike Sniveley also drove the Hawaiian dragster.

I think Billy Meyer had "Hawaiian Tropic" as a sponsor for a couple of seasons.

That might have been the confusion.

Dang Pat, you beat me to the punch with Savage.

Didnt Leroy Chatterdon spend some seat time with Roland?

Was it the snake that said Roland had a meeting with all his ex. drivers and had to rent the L.A.colosseum!!!:eek::)

The Hawaiian Vacation car was driven by Bonin, owned by Leong and the crew Chief was Leonard Hughes............this was in between the Old Milwaukee cars and before Smokin' Joes C&H cars.

The Hawaiian Vacation car was driven by Bonin, owned by Leong and the crew Chief was Leonard Hughes............
That car ran really well the short time it was out there. I remember talking to Gordie in the pits at the Winternationals the first year of the Smokin Joes deal, and some guy in line waiting for his autograph asks what happened to that Hawaiian Vacation car and Gordie replies "Checks stopped coming."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back