Does NHRA have a press or public relations department? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
There was a nice article about NASCAR driver Kyle Larson in today's local newspaper. Running running 20 column inches, it talked about Kyle's outreach to inner city kids in Philadelphia. It seemed a successor to other "diversity" blurbs from the racing franchise.
Now, I don't doubt Kyle (or NASCAR's) sincerity, I kinda' blanche when I see these blurbs against NHRA's record in these matters.
It just tickles me that this article appears - AS NEWS - the day after Erica and Britany win at Sonoma. Shouldn't NHRA encourage - at least - the publication of results and, perhaps a photo from the Winner's podium = Let the thing speak for itself. 336 MPH? Good Lord!

While I'm certain NHRA has a PR staff that writes stories about races and racers then puts those out over the news wires, it's still up to the individual news agencies to decide if they want to print NHRA related stories.

There was a nice article about NASCAR driver Kyle Larson in today's local newspaper. Running running 20 column inches, it talked about Kyle's outreach to inner city kids in Philadelphia. It seemed a successor to other "diversity" blurbs from the racing franchise.
Now, I don't doubt Kyle (or NASCAR's) sincerity, I kinda' blanche when I see these blurbs against NHRA's record in these matters.
It just tickles me that this article appears - AS NEWS - the day after Erica and Britany win at Sonoma. Shouldn't NHRA encourage - at least - the publication of results and, perhaps a photo from the Winner's podium = Let the thing speak for itself. 336 MPH? Good Lord!

Yes NHRA has a publicity/PR department. Here is a picture of the staff:

1658886771893.png

NHRA does send out race results and photos. Local papers choose not to print them. But if you look at the local papers, they don't print NASCAR results every week as well. The story about Kyle Larson in the Philly Inquirer came about because of the Urban Youth Racing School, a program in Philly. The main point of the story is about Larson continuing to be involved in the program and how the program still wanted his involvement after he was caught using a racial slut. It was a story about people, not racing. That's not something NHRA is very good about doing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back