Dodge Challenger Drag Pak kit from Mopar (1 Viewer)

Toyse Jr

Nitro Member
Dodge Challenger Drag Pak kit from Mopar
•No body sealer, sound deadener, undercoating
•No windshield wipers•No HVAC ducting, controls, wiring
•No rear seats•No power steering system
•No underbody heat shields•No exhaust system
•Composite liftoff hood
•Lightweight drag race front brakes
•Lightweight front fascia support system
•Lightweight cooling module with electric fan
•Revised engine position with specially-designed mounting system
•Polycarbonate side windows with lightweight lifting mechanism
•Powered by competition versions of 5.7L, 6.1L HEMI engines and 5.9L Magnum

SOME ASSEMBLY IS REQUIRED !
Dodge Challenger Drag Pak vehicle kits are not street-driveable.
Mopar has worked with NHRA to develop a modern “Package Car.” This competitive envelope is the most effective way to begin an NHRA Stock or Super Stock program.
Consult the rules for the sanctioning body which governs the racing series you wish to compete in. At minimum, Drag Pak vehicle kits require rear axle, rear suspension, driveline, driveline safety equipment, wiring, fuel cell, safety cage / roll bars, fire system, safety harness and other additions to be considered competition ready.

It’s 1968 all over again… Mopar brings back a legend….
Dodge Dart and Plymouth Barracuda Hemi-powered drag racing
package cars set the standard for showroom-available,
track-ready performers. These cars planted the seeds for modern-
day Pro Stock competition.
Chrysler-built Drag Racing Package Cars celebrate 40thanniversary

Must fill out an Application
You have only until October 30, 2008

And Yes I have the Applications

All we need now is for Chevy to start building the Camaro and we can relive the past! Nice!

Hey Toyse, how's it going? Sure miss the Pick the winners on ProStockCars.com..... Too bad it got serious, huh....:( Fun while it lasted.

All we need now is for Chevy to start building the Camaro and we can relive the past! Nice!

Rumor is that Chevy and Ford are going to come out with similar package cars. That would be totally BADA$$!!!! Takes me back to my childhood watching my dad race in S, S/S.:) Of course, that was before all of this wall street BS started going on.:mad::mad:

I was also told that you MUST be an active racer and have a letter of recommendation from a Chrysler executive or your NHRA Division director to purchase one of these cars. Looks like they don't want them to be bought up and locked away in a garage somewhere. I can respect that, makes sure that their intended use in being realized.

Last edited:
Sounds neat, considering they're dumping the Funny Car sponsorship. What's the proposed ET on these things? I know someone who's on the list to get a Cadillac CTS-V to the tune of $67k. A different kind of animal for sure, but they're saying that car should turn 12's at over 550hp. Reservations for those Caddys are also hard to get, and you need atleast 1/2 or more cash down to start; then you better have connections or hope you find a dealer who can go to bat for you and make it happen.

Rumor is that Chevy and Ford are going to come out with similar package cars. That would be totally BADA$$!!!! Takes me back to my childhood watching my dad race in S, S/S.:) Of course, that was before all of this wall street BS started going on.:mad::mad:

I was also told that you MUST be an active racer and have a letter of recommendation from a Chrysler executive or your NHRA Division director to purchase one of these cars. Looks like they don't want them to be bought up and locked away in a garage somewhere. I can respect that, makes sure that their intended use in being realized.

Orders will be reviewed by DirectConnection on a first-come-first-serve basis. Incomplete applications will require additional time to process. The Hotline may not be able to advise of an incomplete application immediately upon receipt.
5. It is recommended that the applicant and/or driver have a current Competition license or sanctioning body affiliation prior to ordering their vehicle. Applicants are encouraged to submit an additional one-page sheet with the application which outlines their racing history and their plans for a racing program built around the Dodge Challenger Drag Pak.
6. The applicant is encouraged to have the Challenger Drag Pak vehicle in competition within a reasonable amount of time.
7. The applicant will be required to display specific “Dodge,” “Challenger,” “Mopar” and dealership-specific ID elements when racing the vehicle in order to be eligible for Contingency Program payouts with most major drag racing sanctioning bodies.
8. Approved applications will result in vehicle orders while supplies last.

The cars are not complete and ready to race.They need a transmission,roll bar/cage,rear suspension and a lot of other stuff to be race ready.

Supposedly Jeg Coughlin was in the Challenger that Judy Lilly drove at Bandemire,and ran 10.20's at Milan.

We can only hope that NHRA will see the light and make a REAL Pro Stock formula with the new Challenger, Mustang and Camaros.
No need, or reason, to change body panels for aerodynamics. Add your tube frame inside, add your 500 cui. motor. Tub it.
But I'm only dreaming.

Lee
Nitroclovers

We can only hope that NHRA will see the light and make a REAL Pro Stock formula with the new Challenger, Mustang and Camaros.
No need, or reason, to change body panels for aerodynamics. Add your tube frame inside, add your 500 cui. motor. Tub it.
But I'm only dreaming.

Lee
Nitroclovers

Oh, you mean like Vic Custer/East Texas Racecars does with it's $80,000 (roller) SuperModifieds? What are we gaining here? You are never going to see a 1980's style Pro Stocker again. You ARE dreaming.

I am thrilled to hear that there is going to be a review process for purchasing these cars!!!! I can't wait to see one on the track.

Sounds neat, considering they're dumping the Funny Car sponsorship. What's the proposed ET on these things? I know someone who's on the list to get a Cadillac CTS-V to the tune of $67k. A different kind of animal for sure, but they're saying that car should turn 12's at over 550hp. Reservations for those Caddys are also hard to get, and you need atleast 1/2 or more cash down to start; then you better have connections or hope you find a dealer who can go to bat for you and make it happen.

Chris,

The readily available Challenger SRT-8 will run 12.80's right off the assembly line and do 175 (real) mile an hour and with all the creature comforts of a luxury car (leather, GPS, 400 watt stereo and power seats, windows and locks). It'll have a warrenty and it'll get 25 MPG with the stick shift. I drove one a few weeks back and it was an absolute animal! I've had several HEMI and Six-Pack cars and this new Challenger is much quicker on the street than anything Chrysler has ever made.

It's easily the best muscle car any manufacturer has made...to date!

I'm surprised that no one has commented on Dodge's plans to show a V10 Viper engine-powered Challenger at SEMA.

Of course, that may not necessarily be an improvement. I'm not sure of the development potential of either powerplant but would think there might be more "easy" horsepower in the current engine. Sorry, but I can't bring myself to call it a Hemi.

Chris,

The readily available Challenger SRT-8 will run 12.80's right off the assembly line and do 175 (real) mile an hour and with all the creature comforts of a luxury car (leather, GPS, 400 watt stereo and power seats, windows and locks). It'll have a warrenty and it'll get 25 MPG with the stick shift. I drove one a few weeks back and it was an absolute animal! I've had several HEMI and Six-Pack cars and this new Challenger is much quicker on the street than anything Chrysler has ever made.

It's easily the best muscle car any manufacturer has made...to date!

I saw a black on black one being delivered. The window invoice read $10,000 Lack of Availability charge. Total $52,900. No that's :eek:

Oh hell yeah, that SRT-8 version is a bad mo-fo, dats fo show. Trust me, I wasn't trying to compare the Cadillac to anything. If you ask me, it's flippn ridiculous....to spend that kind of money on a "specialty" car from GM. Not to mention one that's not even in production yet. I think they're definately targeting a certain audience with that CTS-V.

Oh hell yeah, that SRT-8 version is a bad mo-fo, dats fo show. Trust me, I wasn't trying to compare the Cadillac to anything. If you ask me, it's flippn ridiculous....to spend that kind of money on a "specialty" car from GM. Not to mention one that's not even in production yet. I think they're definately targeting a certain audience with that CTS-V.

It was an unbelievable ride. With the traction control turned on it leaves like it has slicks...throwing you HARD in to the back of the seat. You really have to hold on to the steering wheel when you nail it. I was also impressed with the deep, low throaty sound. The torque reminds me of a six-pack or HEMI car. That's where the comparison ends. This new Challenger gets five (5) times the fuel economy of an old HEMI Challenger and still outruns everything from the past. You can drive it anywhere you want, park it anywhere you want and not worry about a thing. There are no advantages to owning an old muscle car versus the new Challenger. It's not even close....

Guys,

from what I understand (from pretty solid sources), the Chevrolet portion of this equation disappeared a couple of months back when GM reported their 10Billion dollar loss.
I also understand that there were discussions in the preliminary stage to have a maufacturers category that would showcase the "drag pack" Mopars Fords and Chevys in competition against each other, but all that seems to have been lost now that the economy and auto manufacturing business seems to be in the tank.

Unk

What year did Dodge release it's first "factory" drag cars? Click the link below for an interesting read about the early years of factory drag racing. What's weird were how the cars were found in later years.
Pretty Fly- for an old guy

Dodge Challenger Drag Pak kit from Mopar
•No body sealer, sound deadener, undercoating
•No windshield wipers•No HVAC ducting, controls, wiring
•No rear seats•No power steering system
•No underbody heat shields•No exhaust system
•Composite liftoff hood
•Lightweight drag race front brakes
•Lightweight front fascia support system
•Lightweight cooling module with electric fan
•Revised engine position with specially-designed mounting system
•Polycarbonate side windows with lightweight lifting mechanism