Div 6 Comp Eliminator racer killed by trailer door. (1 Viewer)

That is truly tragic. Condolences to his family and friends. God bless you Dan Barton.

The fans in the pits have no idea about this danger. They are always wandering around under these doors as the cars are being loaded and unloaded. I can't tell you how many times I've been on that door loading and unloading our trailer and have had to yell at people to get out from under the door.

The fans in the pits have no idea about this danger. They are always wandering around under these doors as the cars are being loaded and unloaded. I can't tell you how many times I've been on that door loading and unloading our trailer and have had to yell at people to get out from under the door.
I see this all the time,i stay the hell away

We usually put our stanchions up to keep people from walking under.

Oddly enough, I've seen NASCAR drivers give interviews standing under those doors.

Even small car haulers can hurt you.
A bunch of years ago we pulled into a concours car show in eastern PA and found a big commotion near a small box trailer....it seems the restored car shot out of the hauler with no brakes, clipped the guy's wife (sending her to the hospital) and turned and fell down a steep embankment (think Ferris Bueller's Ferrari in the woods), wrecking the car.
When we saw the owner opening the trailer later that day he was almost smashed by the door/ramp because he forgot the car had cut the door suspension wire.....

ps - this was the car that ended up in the woods
http://www.carstyling.ru/en/car/1955_mercury_d528/

Guess that car was repaired cuz the photos look fairly new. Talk about a one off car..... How much would you insure it for?

yeah, the resto shop that wrecked it re-restored it.
Here's another one that's at a local shop getting re-restored http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/pricy-packard-plunged-pond
it didn't get any body damage, but had to be completely re done....water in the gauges, soaked leather, etc

Oh man that Packard brings back memories. My uncle had a Packard limousine (not exactly sure what year) that was once owned by Ricky Nelson. It looked a lot like the one in the picture. I loved riding in that car!

I remember in Dallas one year we got there early and I dropped the back door and raised the trailer to unload the race car. After raising it I walked around to go inside the trailer but the race car was gone. I looked into the pit area of the trailer parked behind us and there it was under their awning. Seems one of the guys helped me out by unhooking the car in the trailer and walked off just before I raised it. I was very thankful no one was behind it when it rolled out of the trailer, and that it didn't hit someone else's stuff. PooPoo happens, and you need to pay attention.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back