Did nhra.com forget that he won a championship? (1 Viewer)

Maybe it was a "countdown" championship... I dont count those either.....

As it always should be, an issue that has books of post on here. I don't count it either and mentally from 2007 on, I have an "*" in my head next to them. Championships were meant to be fought for. The countdown has a decent stat where pre countdown # 1 and pomona champ were both # 1. Steve Torrence was almost going to be the most screwed ever, but got it done. Courtney Force? I'd say she would have won it. Tim Wilkerson? Yep, 08. Johnny Gray in 11? He absolutely owned the final 6 and if they only qualified for the cc better he, would have won it. Like Mike Neff said when he lost his only championship run this way, "it's really hard to make these things run great for 24 events. I still cannot accurately say what could have been because we have no idea if the cars would have been tuned differently.

As it always should be, an issue that has books of post on here. I don't count it either and mentally from 2007 on, I have an "*" in my head next to them. Championships were meant to be fought for. The countdown has a decent stat where pre countdown # 1 and pomona champ were both # 1. Steve Torrence was almost going to be the most screwed ever, but got it done. Courtney Force? I'd say she would have won it. Tim Wilkerson? Yep, 08. Johnny Gray in 11? He absolutely owned the final 6 and if they only qualified for the cc better he, would have won it. Like Mike Neff said when he lost his only championship run this way, "it's really hard to make these things run great for 24 events. I still cannot accurately say what could have been because we have no idea if the cars would have been tuned differently.
Thinking about Hot Rod Fuller losing the championship in the semis at the 2007 World Finals, after leading nearly all season, still makes me sick to my stomach.
I grew to really hate the countdown after that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back