Diamond P Archives!!! (1 Viewer)

I am as excited as anybody about the return of this valuable history. What those short clips I was struck but the purity of the coverage. It wasn't fancy camera tricks or editing, it was just good coverage of the good racing.... Seeing Mac and Steve again was a treat.

jim

PS: Did you check out those Wendy uniforms??????:D:D

Wow!!! Those clips are great, I can't wait until they get all of that on DVD. I have most of 1988 forward on video tape but those are rare gems I'd never seen before:D

S/F
D

Back before NHRA went ESPN, I bought the 1982 US natls. and the '81 Gator Natls on VHS. They include the old commercials and all.

Man I would love to have some of that older footage, the furtherest back my collection goes to is 1985.

This is AWESOME, BABY! I can not wait to see more.

Yes, the Wendy's uniform on that lovely young lady was impressive.

Man I would love to have some of that older footage, the furtherest back my collection goes to is 1985.

I have everything since 1978. I think back then VCR's were about $1000.00 and video tapes were $25.00.

First race I ever taped was the 1978 Winternationals. Tom Hoover won F/C and Bob Noice won T/F.

I have started putting it all on DVD and am up to 1996. Gonna take a while.

Jim Trace kept reiterating he wanted to know what the fans want when it comes to the NHRA/Diamond P video archive ... yet he gave no recourse for us fans to put in our 2 cents for what we want to see. Setup an online poll at NHRA.com or create an emaill addy ... something.

Steve: "Seems to me it takes a heck of a guy to admit it:

John: "Well, I'm a heck of a guy!"

I laughed my butt off! :D

This could turn out to be a killer deal. If this old Diamond P stuff IS released on DVD, COUNT. ME. IN!! :cool:

That would be awesome if they put the footage on DVD's for us to buy.

But how to organize each DVD?

Maybe a DVD for each race they have or ???

I have everything since 1978. I think back then VCR's were about $1000.00 and video tapes were $25.00.

I haggled for days until I was able to buy my RCA for $1285. List was $1499 and they were hard to come by. I still have the tank (weighs about 40 pounds) and it still works - but can't handle anything longer than a 90 minute tape.

As for the tapes, some good friends actually bought me one for Christmas back then. 30 minute SP was about $25 but the 60 minute LP was close to $50.

FWIW

I've got all the Drag Racing 86 thru 97 VHS tapes converted to DVD, along with both Decade of Thrills, both Fabulous Floppers, Don Prudhomme: Professional Racer, and American Nitro. And sometime in the next few weeks, Drag Racing 98 and 99 to complete the whole collection. :D Thank you so much Michael!!!

Mike,
"How much do you want for them?" :D
How much for shipping from Oregon to CA? :p

Steve: "Seems to me it takes a heck of a guy to admit it:

John: "Well, I'm a heck of a guy!"

I laughed my butt off! :D

This could turn out to be a killer deal. If this old Diamond P stuff IS released on DVD, COUNT. ME. IN!! :cool:

Everything he said - great Force interview and awesome deal if we can start buying DVD's of the ol' days!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back