Denver... (1 Viewer)

Hey west coast "Maters"! Someone please take some pictures if you are attending any of the western swing races. I will do the same for Reading and Virginia! Thanks!

I will definately take some pictures for ya. Unfortunately my seats are pretty high up and don't have a top of the line camera.

I'm back!!!

I believe Zippy to be in a class of his own. Coupled with Gary's championship driving skills and will to win, he matches up with the best. I see a lot of similarities between his style and Jimmy Prock's but maybe that's just me? That being said, even the best crew chiefs have had their moments of doubt. I remember Ace's "Woke up stupid" statement and Coil's early year in the 2005 season and Alan Johnson is now writing the book on "perfection in limbo." Any one of these guys could be considered "Tops" in their field given the perfect circumstances but any of them could also stumble a while.
Best news is that they all can, and will sift back to the top.

Welcome back Doc it's great to hear from you! It's a banner day here at the new "Mater"!!!:D

Jim,

I agree your team is on track and we all knew it was only a matter of time. Talent doesn't stay down for long!! I'm sure we will see the big "O" in the winners circle soon.... :cool:

Expect to Win,

Mike Ashley

I really hope to see Ace in full health. I've always said, "if I have to get in a bar room brawl, I want Ace right beside me".

I think that's a wise choice.

A few years back at Indy, the crowd control was non-existant in the pits. Ace was working with a team that I honestly can't remember specifically but it seems it was TF. I can remember they were parked 3 or 4 spots back from the stands.

A very large, very drunk spectator was gawking at the empty pit when the car arrived back from a run and the car almost hit him as the crew attempted to swing the car into the pit.

Ace nicely asked the man to move with no response. He asked again. The man turned and said something to the effect of "I paid my money and I'll stand wherever I want to" finishing with a reference to the spectator's opinion that Ace had an especially close relationship with his (Ace's) mother.

Ace swung once.

I left as the first aid people were using smelling salts on the big drunk.

Yes, there was some retribution by the NHRA but most of us in the pits applauded Ace for a job well done.

Funny car is so great this year. Of course, I want the Brut team to win the championship. But I also want Gary and Whit right behind him. It's a Mopar thing as well as a "team" thing. I would also like to see Del and Phil in the top five, just to shake things up.

"I would like....I would like a trip to Europe." Daffy Duck

It could happen. I wanted Trevor Immelman to win on Sunday, and he did. Maybe I'm on roll?

I'm glad that Scelzi, Zippy and crew have figured it out.I'd like to see them get some wins,and get that #2 on the car.Hopefully Capps will get the #1 this year,and then all of the DSR cars can go 1,2 and 3 for the F/C title in '07.

Scelzi

I have always liked Gary and wished him well. I like Capps as well and if Force, Hight, or Medlen cant win, I hope him or Scelzi do. Good luck Jim the rest of the year.

Another thing is that it looks like it's all the same crew guys.
Rare to see a steady crew season after season.

There is alot of racing left and alot can happen, so it will be an interesting season for sure.

It is probably too late to make a run at the Championship, but not too late to make an impact. This is a VERY tough class. It was last year and I'm betting there will be lots of surprises before the year is done. We all thought that Robert and Prock were going to run away and hide from the field last year at this time. Lots can happen.

Jim

Never under estimate the unexpected!!!

As you might imagine, we all got pretty discouraged by the 1st half of the year. But in the last few races we seem to have found the formula again. Zippy is a true talent. And there is still half a year to go. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't make a move here (is that a double negative?). You know what I mean. You never know what can happen in fuel racing. That's why they run all 23 races.

Jim

As you might imagine, we all got pretty discouraged by the 1st half of the year. But in the last few races we seem to have found the formula again. Zippy is a true talent. And there is still half a year to go. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't make a move here (is that a double negative?). You know what I mean. You never know what can happen in fuel racing. That's why they run all 23 races.

Jim

So, Prock's "Magic Box" that Robert Hight spoke about doesn't have you quaking in your boots?

http://tinyurl.com/s74qo

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back