Del Cox to NHRA? (1 Viewer)

Pink

Nitro Member
With Ron August now licensed and driving Mitch King's brand new McKinney car at Indy, is it fair to guess that Del Cox has an NHRA ride lined up for 2010 with someone other than King? Following in Massey's footsteps? On his own? (He was sporting very sharp and very new looking Cox Racing apparel.

Just askin'... anybody know?

I was told the same thing this weekend, but looks like his potential car owner for 2010 is selling out, due to lack of sponsorship.

Del was moving over to Prudhomme Racing next year in the second car originally slated for Spenser. Now that Snake is bowing out, that leaves them all on the sidelines.

I was told the same thing this weekend, but looks like his potential car owner for 2010 is selling out, due to lack of sponsorship.

Talked to someone in the King operation who says they will have Ron August *and* Del Cox on board next year. After the pro rounds I also saw Mitch's old car (Slinky... no longer NHRA spec) in the lanes and I would wager that they were going to get Ron some seat time in the old car after the event.
Another TF crew member said that they fully expect IHRA to drop TF altogether next year and that many heads at IHRA are going to roll at the end of the season.

Didnt see Del at the Jr race at Fontana but was told that he will be driving for Mitch King next year. And this is all subject to any sponsor change.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back