DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Phoenix (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

Phoenix Pre-Race Report
NHRA Arizona Nationals

Event 2 of 22
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park
Chandler, Ariz.
February 25-27, 2022

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
DeJoria 20.jpg

NHRA Arizona Nationals Event Highlights:
2014 event champion
2020 Phoenix Recap:
Qualified 10th; First round exit (defeated by Tim Wilkerson in E1)
Last Event (Pomona 1):
Qualified fifth; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Jim Campbell in E1; defeated by Cruz Pedregon in E2)
Career Statistics:
173 races; six wins; six No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:
Made a strong opening statement aboard her new Toyota GR Supra Funny Car during the 2022 NHRA season-opener last weekend by qualifying in the top five and advancing to the quarterfinals
Earned her first Funny Car victory during the 2014 NHRA Arizona Nationals
Quotable:
"I’m really excited for the second event of the season, and am looking forward to getting back to racing at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, a track that I’ve had success at in the past. I got my first nitro Funny Car win at Phoenix back in 2014, and I’d like nothing better than to have a repeat performance there this weekend.
“We had a successful test session in Phoenix two weeks ago and got some really good information with our new Toyota GR Supra bodies on that track, so we’re going to use that data to our advantage and go full force this weekend.”

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion. Prior, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall.
DeJoria joined DC Motorsports in 2020 as co-owner and driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila/ROKiT Toyota Funny Car. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back