DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Las Vegas 1 (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

Las Vegas 1 Pre-Race Report
NHRA Four-Wide Nationals

Event 4 of 22
The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Las Vegas
April 1 – 3, 2022

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
DeJoria 23.jpg

Las Vegas 1 Event Highlights:
Two-time event champion (2014, 2016)
Note: The Las Vegas 1 four-wide format was first introduced in 2018
2021 Las Vegas 1 Recap:
Qualified third; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Terry Haddock, Chad Green in E1; defeated by Matt Hagan, Tim Wilkerson in E2)
Last Event (Gainesville):
Qualified fifth; First round exit (defeated by Terry Haddock in E1)
Career Statistics:
175 races; six wins; six No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
DeJoria is a two-time Las Vegas 1 winner but is seeking her first victory at a four-wide event
Quotable:
“The first couple of races this season have been a bit of a learning curve for our Bandero team with our new set up, but we’re chipping away at it and continue to make progress. Of course, we’re all ready to get to Vegas where we’ve been successful in the past. I’ve had a couple of wins at the Spring Vegas race but have yet to bring home the hardware from a four-wide event, so that’s definitely on my list of conquests that I’m looking to check off. Hopefully, we can accomplish that this weekend and get our first win of the season.”

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion. Prior, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall.
DeJoria joined DC Motorsports in 2020 as co-owner and driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila/ROKiT Toyota Funny Car. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back