DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Indianapolis (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

NHRA U.S. Nationals
Event 15 of 21
Indianapolis Raceway Park
Indianapolis
Sept. 1 - 4, 2023

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
2023-08-30_15-09-57.jpg

NHRA U.S. Nationals Event Highlights:
2014 event champion
2022 NHRA U.S. Nationals Event Recap:
Qualified 10th; First round exit (defeated by Matt Hagan in E1)
Last Event (Brainerd):
Qualified eighth; First round exit (defeated by Tim Wilkerson in E1)
2023 Statistics:
14 races; three runner-up finishes
Career Statistics:
208 races; six wins, six No. 1 qualifiers
Noteworthy:
Won the 2014 U.S. Nationals
Currently ranked sixth in the Funny Car driver standings and will be looking to finish the weekend inside the top five
One of eight drivers to have qualified for the 2023 Pep Boys All-Star Funny Car Callout specialty event, scheduled for Sunday
Fan Events:
Thursday, Aug. 30, 7:00 – 7:30 p.m., Cruz Pedregon Open House driver autograph session (462 Southpoint Circle, Brownsburg)
Friday, Sept. 1, 12:00 – 12:30 p.m., DSR Performance Block Party benefiting Riley Children’s Foundation driver autograph session (1681 E. Northfield Dr., Brownsburg)
Saturday, Sept. 2, 1:00 – 1:30 p.m., Team Toyota autograph session at Toyota midway display
Sunday, Sept. 3, 10:45 – 11:15 a.m., All-Star Callout driver autograph session at Nitro Alley Stage

Quotable:
“Well, it's that time of year again. We're gearing up for the 'Big Go,’ the Super Bowl of drag racing. I love racing at the U.S. Nationals. The fans are always incredible and this is by far, the biggest event of the year. Everyone wants to win this race, and I'm so thankful I was able to add an Indy win to my collection back in 2014. I’m so pumped that we’re a part of the Pep Boys Callout race this year, and it's exciting that we'll have an opportunity to compete for two wins this weekend. That’s just a testament to how great this team is and has been all year long.
“There’s a lot of pressure to perform this weekend. The points are pretty bunched up right now and if we have a good showing, there is potential that we could move up a few spots in the standings. Your starting position is really what sets you up for success in the Countdown so it’s important that we capitalize on the points-and-a-half format at Indy. We have a fantastic car underneath us right now. I’m going to put my blinders on, and we’re going to focus, take it one round at a time, and do our very best.”

About DC Motorsports
DC Motorsports is an NHRA Funny Car team competing on the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series circuit thanks to the support of Bandero Premium Tequila, ROKiT, Toyota, and Mobil 1. Established in 2020, the team is co-owned by crew chief and two-time NHRA world champion Del Worsham and driver Alexis DeJoria.
About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion.
Prior to making her professional debut in 2011, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall. DeJoria is the only driver to own the trifecta of Super Comp, Top Alcohol Funny Car, and Funny Car victories. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back