DC Motorsports Pre-Race Report: Epping (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

Epping Pre-Race Report
NHRA New England Nationals
Event 8 of 22
New England Dragway
Epping, N.H.
June 3 - 5, 2022

ALEXIS DEJORIA: Driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila Toyota GR Supra Funny Car
DeJoria 30.jpg

Epping Event Highlights:
2014 event runner-up
2021 Epping Recap:
Qualified fifth; First round exit (defeated by Robert Hight in E1)
Last Event (Richmond):
Qualified third; First round exit (defeated by Bob Tasca in E1)
Career Statistics:
179 races; six wins; six No. 1 qualifiers

Noteworthy:
DeJoria has strong New England roots, having spent much of her childhood in the Narragansett, R.I. area. DeJoria has long considered the New England Nationals to be a homecoming event and is looking forward to being surrounded by much of her East Coast family, including her 94-year-old grandmother, Louisa, during the race weekend.

DeJoria 31.jpg

DeJoria will have the support of her New England family, including her 94-year-old grandmother, Louisa, during the NHRA New England Nationals

Quotable:
“New England Dragway is a special track for me. My East Coast family will be there, including my 94-year-old grandmother, Louisa. Our team has yet to bring home a Wally this year, and we’d love nothing more than to do that in Epping. But most importantly, we really need to get some round wins under our belt this weekend.”

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion. Prior, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall.
DeJoria joined DC Motorsports in 2020 as co-owner and driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila/ROKiT Toyota Funny Car. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back