DC Motorsports Post-Race Recap: Denver (1 Viewer)

DeJoria logo.jpg

NHRA Mile-High Nationals
Event 11 of 22
Bandimere Speedway
Morrison, Colo.
July 15-17, 2022

DeJoria Ready to Put Denver in Rear View
Denver 2.jpg

Qualified:
No. 7 (3.964 E.T. at 290.94 MPH)
Elimination Round Results:
E1: Foul (red light) defeated by Tim Wilkerson 4.031 E.T. at 323.27 MPH

MORRISON, Colo. (July 17, 2022) – Alexis DeJoria and the DC Motorsports team had no trouble adapting to the challenging conditions at Bandimere Speedway during the NHRA Mile-High Nationals, clocking two solid three-second passes in the heat on Saturday during qualifying to earn the No. 7 seed. DeJoria drew Tim Wilkerson as her first-round opponent. She had previously defeated Wilkerson in the first round during the Epping event last month and was looking to extend her lead on her competitor, but suffered an automatic first-round loss when she stood on the throttle early and activated the red light.
“I’m disappointed of course,” said DeJoria, who returned to Denver as the event runner-up. “We’re right there and we’re really looking to make a move in the points and crack into the top five. Our Bandero Tequila GR Supra Funny Car has been so quick and consistent. Del (Worsham), Nicky (Boninfante), and the guys have given me an incredible race car and the pressure is on. That first round, I just got too much into my own head trying to cut a good light but luckily, we’ll get right back after it in a few days. I know we’ll have something for them in Sonoma, and we’re ready to make it a long race day.”
Following her Denver outing, DeJoria remains in the eighth position on the NHRA Funny Car leaderboard and looks forward to making a move in the points next weekend at the NHRA Sonoma Nationals, an event where she returns as a three-time semifinalist.

Denver points.jpg

About Alexis DeJoria
Alexis DeJoria is a professional race car driver competing in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series’ Funny Car category. She is a Top 10-ranked driver, and including her prestigious 2014 U.S. Nationals triumph, DeJoria is a six-time NHRA national event Funny Car champion. Prior, DeJoria found success competing in the NHRA’s Super Comp and Top Alcohol Funny Car categories where she notched wins in both, making her an eight-time race winner overall.
DeJoria joined DC Motorsports in 2020 as co-owner and driver of the Bandero Premium Tequila/ROKiT Toyota Funny Car. The Austin, Texas resident became the first woman to clock a sub-four second Funny Car pass in 2014, and is currently in pursuit of becoming the series’ first female Funny Car world champion.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back