Dawson And Welch Complete Maple Grove Raceway Reorganization (1 Viewer)

DAWSON AND WELCH COMPLETE MAPLE GROVE RACEWAY REORGANIZATION

MOHNTON, PA -- Maple Grove Raceway has completed the reorganization of its management team, naming Mark Dawson Director of Racing Operations and Jenny Welch Director of Communications. These new appointments follow the promotion of Lex Dudas to the position of Vice President and General Manager in November.

"Having Mark and Jen join our team sets the course for a bright future at Maple Grove Raceway,” said Dudas. “Their positive enthusiasm for the sport of drag racing will surely carry over to the rest of our team, racers and our family of sponsors!"

Dawson is a Berks County native who first worked at Maple Grove on a part-time basis in 1992 as a teenager and then a full time Operations Assistant. His work was noticed by officials of the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) and he advanced from NHRA certification teams in the Southeast and Southwest Divisions to back up Starter at NHRA National Events. Most recently he has earned great acclaim as Drag Racing Operations and Promotions Coordinator at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

"Maple Grove is a very special place to me. After my first experience watching Nitro cars and then sharing the excitement with Team Maple Grove as they brought home the NHRA Northeast championship at the Bracket Finals, I knew I was hooked on drag racing. Now after many years of following my dream around the country, I am delighted to finally come home to the place where it all started for me."

Welch developed her interest in drag racing at an early age through attending the NHRA National Events in Pomona, CA with her father who used to compete as a Funny Car driver back in the early 1970’s. While studying physics at California Polytechnic University in Pomona, CA and later at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas she learned how to operate timing systems and conduct racing events at several drag strips in California, Arizona and Nevada, advancing to timing operations at NHRA National Events. She also earned her NHRA competition license and has competed first in the Junior Drag Racing class and later in the Super Comp class at local and national NHRA events including the NHRA U.S. Nationals.

“Maple Grove Raceway represents everything I love about drag racing: from its top-notch facility to its mission to host the best events possible for racers and fans alike. I couldn't be more excited about joining a team that is just as passionate about drag racing as I am,” said Welch.

While their interest in drag racing began on opposite sides of the country, Dawson and Welch eventually became team members at numerous NHRA events on the West Coast. That interest blossomed into an engagement with a wedding set for May 24, 2008.

"Mark Dawson and Jenny Welch are two of the brightest young professionals in the NHRA community and we are extremely excited to bring their enthusiasm to the Maple Grove Raceway staff," said Mike Lewis speaking for the Maple Grove Raceway Board of Directors.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back