David Poole's article on Doug Herbert and his loss (1 Viewer)

I've the good fortune to be Doug's friend and employee for the last 3 years. I'm my time at DHP I've really gotten to know Jon and James. They never came by the shop without coming over to talk about the latest games or phones or other teen age boy things a computer geek can relate to. This tragedy has really been hard for the whole DHP family but everyone is holding it together for Doug and his family. However, reading the end of this article made me cry.

"The last thing he told me before he left was to get the car ready," Fornes said. "He said, `I want to win the championship now, for the boys.' We're going to get this car ready for him to do that."

Poole's article was touching and it only mentioned a very small portion of Doug's generosities. The Billy Williams story alone sold me on his greatness as a person. The bottom line is life's not fair. God knows why but we seldom do?

I've the good fortune to be Doug's friend and employee for the last 3 years. I'm my time at DHP I've really gotten to know Jon and James. They never came by the shop without coming over to talk about the latest games or phones or other teen age boy things a computer geek can relate to. This tragedy has really been hard for the whole DHP family but everyone is holding it together for Doug and his family. However, reading the end of this article made me cry.

I don't know how anyone can get beyond this kind of tragedy. If going after it "for the boys", then, that's agood reason to root for Doug.

Prayers and thoughts for the Herbert family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back