Cromwell lands on NHRA BOD (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
Congratulations to Glen Cromwell and his new seat on the NHRA BOD. It is now time for that Nomex Effect interview.
Cromwell's appointment is well deserved, but I would like to see an entreprenuer/racing legend like Kenny Bernstein or Alan Johnson sitting the BOD.

Board members lead the company, but generally primarily to the extent of what executive leadership within the company expose them too. Its a tough balance to determine the correct mix of internal and external board seats to best lead .... particularly when there are no shareholders. Kenny would be an excellent choice. I respect Alan as a racer/crew chief, but I don't know if he would fit well on the board.

I believe at least one past racer/owner would fit. I don't think someone still racing should be considered. Due to conflict of interest possibilities.

Well we can start with Wally and then skip to Graham if you want or we can list a lot of guys in the middle that raced stuff.

I think anyone who towed a fueler across the country and strapped himself into the thing qualifies as a racer in my book.

Kenny brings a depth and breadth of experience that would be a huge benefit to the NHRA membership. He's towed them, he's driven them, he's worked on them, he's owned them and he has sat in corporate board rooms selling them.

Last edited:
He was never a name and quit racing many years before he joined NHRA. :(

In my book, a "racer" would be a Bernstein, Force, Snake, etc, etc.

Yeah, you are right, I guess only the multi-time champions should be considered racers.....WOW! :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back