Creasy Scores Second Win in Grand Bend (1 Viewer)

Creasy Scores Second Win in Grand Bend

GRAND BEND, Ont. (July 24, 2007) After winning the tightest points chase in Knoll Gas IHRA Drag Racing Series in 2006, Dale Creasy, Jr. made his move to widen the gap by taking his second win and fourth final round in 2007 at the MOPAR Canadian Nationals in Grand Bend, Ontario.

Despite the win, the points chase remains as tight as ever for the Knoll-sponsored Torco Racing Fuels Nitro Funny Car. With Gilbertson, Wyatt, Kelly and Haddock on his heels, Creasy is determined to stay out in front.

Getting the win wouldn't be easy. "The track was tough all day. Going into the finals, I thought if we could run a 5.20 the track would hold it," said Creasy. In the end, Creasy posted a 5.233 to beat Mitch King, who would make his first final round appearance.

Drag racing veteran John Lawson made his IHRA debut by piloting the Creasy Family Motorsports Torco Racing Fuels Nitro Funny Car. Lawson would make the most of his debut, qualifying the team car in the top half of the field in the number four position. Lawson would finish the weekend with an impressive semifinal appearance.

"I had a lot of fun out here this weekend," said Lawson. "It was great to be back in the seat of a Nitro Funny Car. Dale and his guys did a great job preparing this car for the weekend. I hope we get a chance to do it again sometime soon."

Creasy added, "We kind of put this deal together at the last minute. My crew had to pull double duty servicing both cars all weekend. When we got both cars into the semifinals I knew it was going to be impossible to get them both ready. Jack Wyatt and his crew stepped in to service the car for us. Of course he probably had ulterior motives, hoping that John would knock me out in the semifinals. But Jack's a great friend. He would do anything for me and I would do anything for him."

Creasy's win provides a 150-point cushion over Terry Haddock going into Martin, Michigan's Torco Racing Fuels Northern Nationals at Knoll Gas Motrosports Park.

Dale Creasy, Jr. and his championship Torco powered Nitro Funny Car, partner with high quality and performance companies like; Torco Race Fuels, Oakley, Red Line Oil, MSD, Crane Cams, BME, Fram Autolite, Polydyn TX7, TEK PAK, VSI, GM Performance and Beaver Shredding.

To learn more about Dale Creasy, Jr. and the Torco Race Fuels Nitro Funny Car visit Dale Creasy Jr.

ABOUT TORCO RACING FUELS
Torco Racing Fuels is the manufacturer of high performance racing fuels and power products. Torco Racing Fuels is the first choice for engine builders and professional racers seeking extreme power and consistency. The company also offers commercial and racing oils and lubes; SKULL Shine, a complete line of car care products; SKULL Gear, a complete line of apparel, traction compound, and racing-related accessories.

Other Motorsports teams owned and operated or sponsored by Torco and it's affiliate companies include six time IHRA Top-Fuel World Champion Clay Millican, ESPN Sportswomen of the Year 2006 Melanie Troxel, J.R Todd, Doug Foley, Mike Ashley, Gary Densham, Dave Conolly, Mat Hagan, Justin Humphreys, Scotty Cannon, and Dale Creasy Jr., to name a few.

For more information on Torco Racing Fuels, SKULL Shine Car Care Products and SKULL Gear apparel, please visit: www.torcoracefuels.com or www.torco.com.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back