Contingency Awards (1 Viewer)

snowbunny

Nitro Member
Help me out folks, i'm stupid, listening to Mike Dunn comment on T-Peds car rebuild for the final he mentioned getting the product stickers on the body so they are eligble for contingency money. Knowing that the Shiek wont allow stickers on his cars are they still eligble for the award money?, thats a lot of dough left out on the table if they are not.

Your looking at thousands of dollars with the stickers on the car, if you win.
But, sometimes it may take along time to get the check/checks

These arent your everyday advertising stickers, they are available to racers. Have to be "contingency" stickers. Available at the tracks.

Sheik dont need the money

if the sticker isn't clearly displayed on the car, you are not eligible for the money. so yes the sheik's cars don't get the money that comes with the win. NHRA comes by the cars before the final and goes over a checklist of the available contingencies to see if you have the sticker.

..also on a side note, most contingencies pay the winner and runner up positions, so it was definitely in TP's best interest to put those on the car. National Dragster usually has a list of payouts prior to each meet.

I don't know what the sheik's position is on charities but if he does not need the money how about putting the stickers on and donating the money to a local charitiy in need, might gain some ground in good will

The Sheik DOES have contingency stickers on both of his fuel cars. Originally they did not have any. If you look on the Alan Johnson website you can see the dragster with all the decals on the back of it. The F/C does not show any on the website but if you watched the Vegas race there were quite a few contingency stickers on the back of he F/C also. Also, on the Sheiks own car that he drives there are sponsor decals.
Most of the sponsors look at the cars during the race to be sure you don't just put their stickers on for the last round. I have been in line when they are going down the staging lanes checking cars.
The sponsor decals are available from NHRA at all the races as not all the sponsors have someone at each race. Prior to the final round the NHRA does check the cars and checks off the sponsor decals on their list and then they provide that info to the sponsors. If you have a problem getting your money you first talk with NHRA and if that fails you then talk to the sponsor.

Last edited:
T
The sponsor decals are available from NHRA at all the races as not all the sponsors have someone at each race. Prior to the final round the NHRA does check the cars and checks off the sponsor decals on their list and then they provide that info to the sponsors. If you have a problem getting your money you first talk with NHRA and if that fails you then talk to the sponsor.

This may be a dumb question... You just need the sticker? You don't actually have to use the various products?

This may be a dumb question... You just need the sticker? You don't actually have to use the various products?

nobody knows if your using a manton pushrod or another brand... as long as the sticker is on there you get paid... in sportsman the perfectly strange award for dead on tree and time gets you a check if you have stickers.. if you also you strange parts you get additional money

nobody knows if your using a manton pushrod or another brand... as long as the sticker is on there you get paid... in sportsman the perfectly strange award for dead on tree and time gets you a check if you have stickers.. if you also you strange parts you get additional money

Dan,

If you have never bought a Manton push rod I bet they won't pay. I wouldn't. I have seen guys pulling valve covers to prove they had the correct rockers and springs before. If you have a K&N filter and a Fram sticker, you don't get either check-LOL

Alan

Dan,
If you have never bought a Manton push rod I bet they won't pay. I wouldn't. I have seen guys pulling valve covers to prove they had the correct rockers and springs before. If you have a K&N filter and a Fram sticker, you don't get either check-LOL
Alan

Also I think some as for a proof of purchase and you can only claim that product for a certain number of years.

sometimes it is a major pain in the a$$ to get your money. certain companies pay right away without issue. other ones wait for you to call ,then they inform you that you need a receipt that shows you bought the product within (x) number of months. no receipt, no contingency. . . .what seems so simple is a pain.

The Dragboat guys started getting contingencies, but it's only credit toward the FUTURE Purchase of that very product! That's Lame!

OK, I'll chime in with a question:

Is the decals' placement dictated by the vendor?
I have always thought it was but...
:)

Not sure about the cars, but with the bikes, if it is on the paint, it is usually a paid spot. Wheelie bar panel is contingency.

The general rule is that it has to be visible in a side photo (e.g. at the starting line) for the vendor to pay on contingency stickers.

Dan,

Alan

then i guess its just for the strange deal? when i was at charlotte i could remember someone on the mike saying if he had the stickers he got say a 1000... but if he actually ran strange parts it was a bigger check... maybe im mistaken

TAKE THE STICKERS OFF
If they have not reduced your cost to race. Screw them. The amount of money you make IF/AND when you make a final should not make or brake you.

Think about how many times your car is seen with those stickers on it.VS how many times they have paid you for it? IF and only IF you registered online, signed the form, proved proof of purchase,Purchased within last X amount of years, Did not alter decal, Did not stack decal, displayed the decal correctly in the proper place and so on and so on

Imagine: 24 races, average 100 car count in S/C 24 winners get paid (Maybe)24 Runner ups Get Paid (Maybe) That means 2352 people got NOTHING but the priviledge of advertizing for some manufacturer that doesn't care about you.:eek:

The Point is if you win enough they will come to you, If you don't why are you supporting and advertizing for them.

Unless they have reduced your cost to race IE: you got a verified discount on a part and are flying their decal out of thanks.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back