Connolly Parked after Indy? (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Was just looking at the entry lists for Maple Grove and noticed Dave's name wasn't on it. In fact, his name is off the entry lists for the remainder of the year. Just found it odd Dave's teammate was on the list but Dave wasn't. So is Langdon, but we knew that would happen if there was no funding found.

Was just looking at the entry lists for Maple Grove and noticed Dave's name wasn't on it. In fact, his name is off the entry lists for the remainder of the year. Just found it odd Dave's teammate was on the list but Dave wasn't. So is Langdon, but we knew that would happen if there was no funding found.
Paul, looking at https://www.nhraeventreg.com/ListEventStatus.asp , I'm not seeing Dave or Langdon after Indy ( Charlotte). And . . . for a least one race, it gets WAY worse.

Paul, looking at https://www.nhraeventreg.com/ListEventStatus.asp , I'm not seeing Dave or Langdon after Indy ( Charlotte). And . . . for a least one race, it gets WAY worse.
It was clearly communicated that Langdon was likely parked after Indy without more $$. Connolly seems strange, but it is business. Dixon is in a championship contending car and Connolly is outside looking in after winning only 10 rounds this season to date. But you would think Vandergriff would want a potential blocker in the mix, right?

As for the rest of the field ... I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. TF has been a 16-18 car field for most the season with a few exceptions. Take away 2 more cars and ... well that's what you get. Now I am sure there are some teams sitting back waiting to enter races beyond St. Louis and Reading. If you were a team owner not in the countdown, how much would you spend to essentially make laps. Yes, they all want that first win or any win but if you have been a habitual 1st round R/U this season ... what is magically gonna happen to change that in the last 6 races? Not knocking Connolly and team, just stating the obvious.

I don't want short fields either, but I can be a bit on the cheap side myself ... so that's my logic. Hate to throw $$ down a rat hole. I am sure I am not alone in thinking that way.

Guess I have a reading comprehension problem, but Connolly is entered at least up through Dallas. Didn't look further, but .................

Guess I have a reading comprehension problem, but Connolly is entered at least up through Dallas. Didn't look further, but .................
Well it has changed, because now for Maple Grove they have 13 cars entered, it was 12 2 days ago when I posted this. I just found it odd that Dave wasn't on the entry list and was hoping he was still going to run the full tour. Bob's teams runs a lot better when they have 2 cars on the track vs. just one and that dates back to when Rod Fuller was driving Bob's second car.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back