Classic NHRA races coming to your smart TV (1 Viewer)

Plex works ok sometimes and not so well others. Seems to do ok with Roku, not as good with Firestick, and pretty bad with Chromecast Google tv...nice to see content not in the classics section on NHRA.tv...
All I have are Firesticks and 1 Amazon Firebox. The trick to totally fix or cut down on the buffering is this adapter with an ethernet cable directly connected to your modem/router. Also, the speed of your service makes a difference also.

This might be a BC thing, just down the road from you Allan in Washington State. I have it on Plex since since day one. Went to
Roku purple "Live TV" nothing, Channel 175 is a Dr. channel here. Checked the rest of the channels. Nothing

Sorry guys. I got an email from Roku and checked it out. I have gotten many notifications from Roku for stuff NOT available in Canada. This is the first time something is only apparently available in Canada ! Go figure.

NHRA lost my interest a bit over the years. I keep up with the sport but seldom watch a show on TV. Last Sunday I was flipping through FUBU and stopped when I saw Rahn Tobler doing tech. That hooked me for the rest of the show. I also enjoyed the side-by-side leave videos. I am going to DVR the rest of the year.

Thanks for the heads up concerning the NHRA channel. You have to DL the app. Full access costs I think.

Lately Roku seems to hang up on NHRA channel on Roku but no other Plex channels do. I dont find this happening on Firestick or Google Chromecast..

Hey just a heads up: You don't need ROKU, subscriptions, apps, an account, or anything to watch the NHRA Channel on a computer or smart TV with a browser. Might work on a phone - haven't tried it. Just go to https://therokuchannel.roku.com/
Close the Create Free Account/Sign In banner and in the search box in the upper right corner type NHRA. It will find NHRA TV. Click Play and enjoy the show!

Last edited:
I realize its an old thread but is there a significant advantage to the Premium version of Plex?
Only if you're a video enthusiast like myself. I started using PLex many years ago when they ran a half price special, $50 for a lifetime subscription. I currently have over 2,000 movies and I don't know how many TV series on my server that I can watch what I want when I want and I can manipulate the video in many different ways. I won't get into the details, just go to the Plex website and it will explain everything.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back